When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn original baskets and quick release rack

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

spleeft

Finally riding a big boys bike
My first restore ever was an easy one , a 1959 Blue Hollywood I picked up locally for $50. I basically just disassembled/ greased/ reassembled . My wife loves it. It came with what I assume is an original basket with a quick release type rack. After digging around I found the basket and rack in the original catalogs ( in the last few pages ). She loves it and I think the basket really makes the bike look cool and it is very functional. She attached a beer can carrier inside for our campground rides !
I recently scored a Violet Hollywood in great shape and want to put the same basket set up on it.
My question is how coveted or rare ( or not ) are these racks and baskets?

Hollywood done.JPG

pink Hollywood.jpg

My first restore ever was an easy one , a 1959 Blue Hollywood I picked up locally for $50. I basically just disassembled/ greased/ reassembled . My wife loves it. It came with what I assume is an original basket with a quick release type rack. After digging around I found the basket and rack in the original catalogs ( in the last few pages ). She loves it and I think the basket really makes the bike look cool and it is very functional. She attached a beer can carrier inside for our campground rides !
I recently scored a Violet Hollywood in great shape and want to put the same basket set up on it.
My question is how coveted or rare ( or not ) are these racks and baskets?

View attachment 1770670

View attachment 1770671
I've got a nice original chrome basket holder, same as yours. Let me know if you are interested in it, message me, thanks

Back