schwinn oversize tires

• Please be aware: We have had several reports of members receiving private messages from newly registered members claiming that their friend has the part or bike they are looking for, and that they should email this person directly. This is a scam! If it looks even slightly suspicious, PLEASE REPORT this to us immediately so that we can investigate and if necessary, ban the member to prevent them from targeting other members. Thank you, CABE staff
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

spoker

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Mar 3, 2011
Minneapolis, United States
noone in the regular schwinn thread seems to know,who sells the oversize tires for middle weight schwinns?

GTs58

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Sep 2, 2012
Central Arizona
I've mentioned a few sellers in my thread and there are a couple new sellers on eBay selling those tires. @mrg is also selling them and if shipping is involved three sets have to be purchased, and that's the best deal if you'll be needing tires for more bikes. Do a search on eBay for S7 tires and use the word Brick in your search.

Last edited:
Reactions: bloo

Classic Cool Rides

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Dec 2, 2016
Duluth, GA
ok thanks
Please go on the internet to www.JBI.bike and search part number 59181 for a tire described as 26X2X1 3/4 for S-7 rims
This is what I believe you are referencing ...
THEN take this part number to about 90% of ANY LOCAL BIKE SHOP in the USA and they likely order from J&B WEEKLY
The TREAD on this J&B tire resembles the DIAMOND TREAD on the old Goodyear G3 vintage tires
**** OR ****
for BRICK TREAD please go to www.FNRCO.com and put in part numbers 271492 for the blackwall BRICK 26X2X1 3/4 for S-7 rims
or part number 271496 for the WhiteWall BRICK tread 26X2X 1 3/4 for S-7 rims
if F & R Co. won't sell to you online directly ... there are eBay sellers and SMOOPY'S in Murfreesboro. TN that can get these for you!

The trick is recognizing the "FAIRLY NEW" tire size listed as 26 X 2 X 1 3/4 !! .... Good Luck in your pursuit! Cheers! CCR Dave
**** NOTE! >>> these WIDER Tires for S-7 rims will be tight clearance if using middle weight FENDERS! (your rims better be laser straight!)

Last edited:

mrg

Aug 9, 2010
socal
Haven't had any clearance problem.

Reactions: friendofthedevil

irideiam

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Apr 27, 2010
El Lago, TX 77586, USA
Please go on the internet to www.JBI.bike and search part number 59181 for a tire described as 26X2X1 3/4 for S-7 rims
This is what I believe you are referencing ...
THEN take this part number to about 90% of ANY LOCAL BIKE SHOP in the USA and they likely order from J&B WEEKLY
The TREAD on this J&B tire resembles the DIAMOND TREAD on the old Goodyear G3 vintage tires
**** OR ****
for BRICK TREAD please go to www.FNRCO.com and put in part numbers 271492 for the blackwall BRICK 26X2X1 3/4 for S-7 rims
or part number 271496 for the WhiteWall BRICK tread 26X2X 1 3/4 for S-7 rims
if F & R Co. won't sell to you online directly ... there are eBay sellers and SMOOPY'S in Murfreesboro. TN that can get these for you!

The trick is recognizing the "FAIRLY NEW" tire size listed as 26 X 2 X 1 3/4 !! .... Good Luck in your pursuit! Cheers! CCR Dave
**** NOTE! >>> these WIDER Tires for S-7 rims will be tight clearance if using middle weight FENDERS! (your rims better be laser straight!)
As a note I have used the first option from J&B, which are typically Kenda or Sunlite brand as well as the F&R's, the F&R's run a little wider and seem to be 2.125 width while the Kenda's are more like 1.90, in my experience.

Reactions: mrg

mrg

Aug 9, 2010
socal
Putting the new brick S7 2.0's up next to standard 2.125's they do look 2.0 where as the kenda and other 2.0's do look skinnier ( 1.90 maybe ) and none of the others are in the Schwinn style brick tread. They almost look bigger because of the smaller S7 rim.
1600318872813.png
1600319025047.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilit and JLF

GTs58

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Sep 2, 2012
Central Arizona
F&R next to a regular aftermarket S-7 1-3/4 tire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilit and JLF
This ad goes away when you register for an account!

detroitbike

I live for the CABE
Sep 26, 2011
Detroit , Michigan
I have a few of these tires in the Goodyear tread , 26 x 1 3/4 -2 ... S-7. used to be sold by J & B.
Blackwall
1600394712859.png

detroitbike

I live for the CABE
Sep 26, 2011
Detroit , Michigan
current tire J & B # 59181
1600394941406.png

out of stock at J & B currently

Style:StandardSize:26x2x1-3/4 S7
ISO:571Bead:Wire
Tread/SW:Bk/WhtPSI:40
Weight:1067TPI:27
Reflective Sidewall:No

Reactions: GTs58

mrg

Aug 9, 2010
socal
Sense the F&R's are the only Schwinn style S7 2.0's and S7 rim is Schwinn only the bricks are the only ones that look right. For about 3-4 yrs I've been asking the distributor why nobody made them in the brick tread and he finally stepped up and spent the money for the molds and they came out great. now I got some kenda's and others I took off I need to get rid of!

Reactions: GTs58
This ad goes away when you register for an account!