When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

schwinn oversize tires

-

spoker

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
noone in the regular schwinn thread seems to know,who sells the oversize tires for middle weight schwinns?

I've mentioned a few sellers in my thread and there are a couple new sellers on eBay selling those tires. @mrg is also selling them and if shipping is involved three sets have to be purchased, and that's the best deal if you'll be needing tires for more bikes. Do a search on eBay for S7 tires and use the word Brick in your search.

Last edited:
ok thanks
Please go on the internet to www.JBI.bike and search part number 59181 for a tire described as 26X2X1 3/4 for S-7 rims
This is what I believe you are referencing ...
THEN take this part number to about 90% of ANY LOCAL BIKE SHOP in the USA and they likely order from J&B WEEKLY
The TREAD on this J&B tire resembles the DIAMOND TREAD on the old Goodyear G3 vintage tires
**** OR ****
for BRICK TREAD please go to www.FNRCO.com and put in part numbers 271492 for the blackwall BRICK 26X2X1 3/4 for S-7 rims
or part number 271496 for the WhiteWall BRICK tread 26X2X 1 3/4 for S-7 rims
if F & R Co. won't sell to you online directly ... there are eBay sellers and SMOOPY'S in Murfreesboro. TN that can get these for you!

The trick is recognizing the "FAIRLY NEW" tire size listed as 26 X 2 X 1 3/4 !! .... Good Luck in your pursuit! Cheers! CCR Dave
**** NOTE! >>> these WIDER Tires for S-7 rims will be tight clearance if using middle weight FENDERS! (your rims better be laser straight!)

Last edited:
Please go on the internet to www.JBI.bike and search part number 59181 for a tire described as 26X2X1 3/4 for S-7 rims
This is what I believe you are referencing ...
THEN take this part number to about 90% of ANY LOCAL BIKE SHOP in the USA and they likely order from J&B WEEKLY
The TREAD on this J&B tire resembles the DIAMOND TREAD on the old Goodyear G3 vintage tires
**** OR ****
for BRICK TREAD please go to www.FNRCO.com and put in part numbers 271492 for the blackwall BRICK 26X2X1 3/4 for S-7 rims
or part number 271496 for the WhiteWall BRICK tread 26X2X 1 3/4 for S-7 rims
if F & R Co. won't sell to you online directly ... there are eBay sellers and SMOOPY'S in Murfreesboro. TN that can get these for you!

The trick is recognizing the "FAIRLY NEW" tire size listed as 26 X 2 X 1 3/4 !! .... Good Luck in your pursuit! Cheers! CCR Dave
**** NOTE! >>> these WIDER Tires for S-7 rims will be tight clearance if using middle weight FENDERS! (your rims better be laser straight!)
As a note I have used the first option from J&B, which are typically Kenda or Sunlite brand as well as the F&R's, the F&R's run a little wider and seem to be 2.125 width while the Kenda's are more like 1.90, in my experience.

Reactions: mrg
Putting the new brick S7 2.0's up next to standard 2.125's they do look 2.0 where as the kenda and other 2.0's do look skinnier ( 1.90 maybe ) and none of the others are in the Schwinn style brick tread. They almost look bigger because of the smaller S7 rim.
1600318872813.png
1600319025047.png

Last edited:
Back