When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Paramount 1939

-

schwinnderella

Wore out three sets of tires already!
1939 chrome Schwinn Paramount, I think the wheels are from a Superior ?

That is one fine bicycle,. Is that a recent acquisition ? If you decide to part ways please LMK thank you for sharing,. Brian

Could these be bought chrome plated/ polished from the shops? Just curious
I assume at that time all paramounts were at least somewhat custom orders so you could likely order it any way you wanted, but I do not know if this bike was delivered chromed.

That is one fine bicycle,. Is that a recent acquisition ? If you decide to part ways please LMK thank you for sharing,. Brian
I have owned the bike for many years. I am doing inventory and taking photos of my bikes during the lock down with an eye toward selling them sometime in the future likely in the next year or so.

How did I miss this? I love this bike more every time I see it.

I believe those are the low flange Dural hubs that came standard on the Superior track model. The cool thing about them is they will take most track cogs, the Paramount hubs will not, different threading.

Last edited:
Back