When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn paramount ID help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here it is.

IMG_20201228_192227_3~2.jpg

IMG_20201228_191544_3.jpg

Weird, just weird. Flat end stays and prewar bottom bracket shell. Pulled the shell out of the "Ooops Bucket" and built a post war frame?

Yeah, very strange.
The point of purchase decal on the frame is from Los Angeles.
Could that be an abstract LA off to the left of the number stamps?
Just a thought.

Yeah, very strange.
The point of purchase decal on the frame is from Los Angeles.
Could that be an abstract LA off to the left of the number stamps?
Just a thought.

I was thinking that also, but dismissed that idea until you look at it from the correct angle. So if that's a piece to this puzzle, then the serial number 03 whoops 4 could possible be one of the first post war numbers?

Picked up a Schwinn paramount. Has this as the serial number under crank tube. See pic below. Any idea of the year? Looks like the bike in the last picture but does not have wood rims.

View attachment 1327746

View attachment 1327747
i bought fatbikes 58/59 road paramount ,just a thought since the wastyn folks built this frame , you might ask them if they have any information .they still have a schwinn dealership in chicago ill i would call them if it was my frame what is the worst that can happen ? you might start out by offering to buy any correct parts that they may still have for the bike ! that might motivate them to dig thru their records ! just a thought

Or, if you rotate the photo 180, it would be 430 with an upside down 3...this would make more sense in terms of the frame details (squared lugs, flat angled seat stay caps, etc). I'd propose the 'LA' appears to be unrelated to the serial number, as the "A" stamp is smaller and serif free; I think the true early 'A' frames have the 'A' being slightly larger than the numbers, and with serifs on the bottom legs. Also, I think the earlier 'A' serials had the '3' as a fully curved number, while the later three-digit series without the 'A' had the '3' with a pointed top and curved bottom font...will have to check to verify that, however. FWIW....(addenda) I looked at all the 400 numbered Paramounts that I have serial number photos of (11 of them) and in every case the number is read as if the bike was standing upright on the rear wheel (bottom of the numbers towards the rear axle), which reinforces my assumption that this is 430 with an upside down 3.

Last edited:
Thanks, for posting the point of purchase decal.

It’s always interesting to see where these bikes originated from.

Unfortunately, it looks like, Danny’s Cycle City is long gone.

That location looks to be the only newer construction on the intersection of, Beverly Blvd. and Harvard Blvd.

Here’s a view of the four corners at that intersection.

The Taco shop across the street looks pretty handy.

So, there you have it.
At least you know, where your bike came from.
Not too far from where I’m at.
I’ll have to stop by the Cactus Taqueria the next time I’m up that way, and have a taco in honor of Danny’s Cycle City.

Back