When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Paramount Series 2 PDG...my first!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I know it's not an early coveted Paramount, but hey, it's the first one I've ever had.

Yes, this is a China or Taiwan made one from what I can see (owner got almost all of that sticker off probably years ago). And I believe it's from 1992.

Story is, I called about a Peugeot bike the guy was selling, but someone already called to come see it this morning. Turned out he had other bikes and wanted to clean out his garage for a car project he was working on. I saw a photo that had four bikes in it, two newer Schwinn's, a Schwinn Suburban with FF and a red road bike I couldn't make out. I asked him what it was, and he said "a Power Mount". I said do you mean "Paramount"? He said yes, and I couldn't get there fast enough last night.

He was glad to get rid of the bikes (he was selling the Peugeot for $50 in beautiful condition), but now I told him I only wanted the red one. The Hell with the Peugeot!
He was the second owner and didn't ride it much, so it sat in his garage. He thought he had to talk me into buying it.

And now for the best part...drum roll, please..."Would you give me $30 for it"? I couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enough, load it up and get home. :)

IMG_6902.jpg

IMG_6903.jpg

IMG_6904.jpg

IMG_6906.jpg

IMG_6909.jpg

IMG_6912.jpg

IMG_6913.jpg

IMG_6916.jpg

IMG_6917.jpg

IMG_6918.jpg

IMG_6919.jpg

IMG_6920.jpg

IMG_6922.jpg

IMG_6923.jpg

IMG_6926.jpg

IMG_6927.jpg

IMG_6928.jpg

IMG_6929.jpg

IMG_6930.jpg

I have the same bike, it is a ‘92. Bought mine new in ‘95 almost $600. I’ve ridden many road miles on it. Still a nice bike. May have been built in Japan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harpo I answered this where built
IMG_0674.jpg

for you on another forum but this is what the front of my PDG 2 looks like. Very nice riding bike. Roger

I have the same bike, it is a ‘92. Bought mine new in ‘95 almost $600. I’ve ridden many road miles on it. Still a nice bike. May have been built in Japan.

I’ve read that the Tange tubed paramount bikes were built in Japan. I have a catalog for ‘92 year if I can find it.

Harpo my understanding is many owners and some dealers the first thing they did was peel that China sticker off the bike. Mine was an unmolested barely ridden bike when I bought it for $125 in 1999. Roger

PS that is a parting line flash. Roger

-----

is that a crack on the shell?

parting line flash?

doyt?

-----

I don't understand what you're asking...???

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "Parting Line Flash" and a crack on what "shell"?

Back