When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Parts and Accessories catalogs of the 40s, 50s, 60s, and 70s

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

pinopat

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Here are the parts and accessories catalogs I have in my collection from 40s to 70s (80s and 90s not shown)

If you have any I do not, let me know! I am buying for a project. (1940s to 1970s only) I am missing 1971, 1968, I do not know if there were 1961 or 1963 parts specific catalogs, if you know there were please let me know. I think I have all the 1950s ones, but I may not (I have all the ones I actually know about for the 50s). For the 40s, I only have the 48 and no other years.

I would love to learn if there were more!

Nice collection. I had a '56 catalog and learned a lot from it. Gary

I have 1980, 82 and 83 but they are not for sale!

But I do have an extra set of the Volume 1 & 2 Schwinn Dealer service manuals that I am thinking about selling?

I have one, but can’t find a date on it? It must be from the late 1950’s because it lists “Middle weight” parts and “Phantom” parts. Can you date this? (Not for sale)

Last edited:
Does the 1948 show any prewar parts? I would like to have a reprint if it does?
Thanks for your reply,
Jon

Does the 1948 show any prewar parts? I would like to have a reprint if it does?
Thanks for your reply,
Jon
No reprints are being made at this time (by me). They may be in the future, but for now I am trying to inventory a very large Schwinn documentation collection. I want to find out what exists and does not exist. I have hundreds of these types of things. I will inventory them in the next month or so.
My end goal is a comprehensive list of all Schwinn documentation (as in everything Schwinn published) from after the war until the 80s.

Pinpot, I have a few of these Parts and Accessories catalogs. I'm not willing to part with any, yet might be willing to offer on loan if you wanted to scan any for your project. I have a couple repops of the early ones (48 and 56), but do have legit 65, 66, 67, 68, 73, 74, and 79 Parts and Accessories Catalog. I also have a 66/67 Sales Catalog, not the retail kind, but more of a dealer specific "how to set up your total-concept Schwinn showroom" with merchandising, ad mats, promotional stuff, etc. Lastly, I have a pretty extensive collection of Schwinn Reporters from the early 60's up through the 80's.

Bob Hufford started his cataloging project years ago. He admits it was more that he could muster, but it's a great resource for what's there - http://www.schwinnbikeforum.com/SLDB/Cover.htm

Pinpot, I have a few of these Parts and Accessories catalogs. I'm not willing to part with any, yet might be willing to offer on loan if you wanted to scan any for your project. I have a couple repops of the early ones (48 and 56), but do have legit 65, 66, 67, 68, 73, 74, and 79 Parts and Accessories Catalog. I also have a 66/67 Sales Catalog, not the retail kind, but more of a dealer specific "how to set up your total-concept Schwinn showroom" with merchandising, ad mats, promotional stuff, etc. Lastly, I have a pretty extensive collection of Schwinn Reporters from the early 60's up through the 80's.

Bob Hufford started his cataloging project years ago. He admits it was more that he could muster, but it's a great resource for what's there - http://www.schwinnbikeforum.com/SLDB/Cover.htm
Thanks for replying, I am sorry it took so long to reply, I was on a trip. Sounds like you have a great collection of Schwinn documentation. Also, on Bob Hufford site- great resource - my plans are to make something similar to that but from the 50s through the 80s that covers the whole Schwinn lines (not just the lightweights). It is a large project likely to take years, but I am a web developer and I think I can make a good reference site. There are great sites out there for specific types of bikes (lightweights - bob hufford / bmx - bmxmuseum,com, etc.). I envision an overall site for all bike types that just is based on Schwinn documentation only (no opinions or recollections, just a place to find out bike specs as published by Schwinn originally).

Back