When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Parts Custom Build

-

Superman1984

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Sooo I picked up another Walmart store bike but I have kinda wanted 1 for a while.

Now is where I will need you guy's Schwinn Expertise❗

I am thinking about adding a repop phantom tank & maybe stenciling the paint scheme; does it even remotely look like it'd fit / line up decently???

Buying a Schwinn Phantom style chain guard; was the wing part at the front usually body color with the white being the 1st color???

I'm planning to buy some repop B6 Autocycle style 3 3/4" fenders & possibly a 26" bent springer; can I use that setup together or are the dimples in the fender for just the traditional straight Schwinn springer???

Sooo I basically want a Schwinn Cantilever clone that I can piece together & customize ....

Sooo I picked up another Walmart store bike but I have kinda wanted 1 for a while.View attachment 1496120
Now is where I will need you guy's Schwinn Expertise❗

I am thinking about adding a repop phantom tank & maybe stenciling the paint scheme; does it even remotely look like it'd fit / line up decently???

Buying a Schwinn Phantom style chain guard; was the wing part at the front usually body color with the white being the 1st color???

I'm planning to buy some repop B6 Autocycle style 3 3/4" fenders & possibly a 26" bent springer; can I use that setup together or are the dimples in the fender for just the traditional straight Schwinn springer???

Sooo I basically want a Schwinn Cantilever clone that I can piece together & customize ....
You have stated your dislike for Schwinn cantilevers especially red. I therefor refuse to give you any advice on this build. Hahahaha

Cantilever frames are cheap. Why not just get a real Schwinn frame that everything will fit and build a custom? V/r Shawn

View attachment 1496202

View attachment 1496203
I don't want to pay for the name (even a Chinese Scwhinn) I found a nice Cruiser Schwinn for like $125 that Originally I was interested in but I don't need anything but a clean frame vs the derailleur junk etc. This jus' fell into my lap practically brand new for $50.

I recommend waiting for a cheap schwinn cantilever and if you end up with just the frame swap your parts from the Walmart bike to the frame

but I personally would just sell the Walmart bike put that money towards a real old-school bike

I recommend waiting for a cheap schwinn cantilever and if you end up with just the frame swap your parts from the Walmart bike to the frame

but I personally would just sell the Walmart bike put that money towards a real old-school bike
That's jus' the thing I'm not wanting an old school bike. Jus' a cheaper repop bike basically that is a clean rider; No History & I can use it as a Test Mule. So there's No Mistakes I would pay for an OG Schwinn frame but Not spending a bunch on the Taiwan frames or stuff I know I can't really sell or use. 1496308
I want to mimic that only in looks but not 💯% jus' subtle differences as mentioned above

You want a cheap repo bike but adding the tanks repo b6 fenders and springer I think you would b better/cheaper waiting to find what you want but that’s just my opinion goodluck on flour project
It's partly the $ all at once for what a Legit repop bike or an OG complete would cost. At least with a semi clone bike or even a repop I won't feel too bad about what I'm doing to it & with it🤔

Back