When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Pea Picker Worth It?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dave429

I live for the CABE
This is available to me locally. Think $325 is a good deal? I know parted it would bring at least that but as a project is it worth it? Think the chrome would clean up with an OA or Citric Acid Bath? How finicky is the springer, atom brake, and rear seat struts? I’ve never rebuilt a krate before but this might be a fun project. Looks like the only thing not original is the seat.

A754AE35-6D0D-4F07-BFD9-5867BA50B7B4.jpeg

208AA3D8-F622-44DA-885C-E5CAAFFFCDCD.jpeg

BF542837-B12F-4E94-99D2-2821EE9CB440.jpeg

529FF6ED-D4A8-4D56-BBCD-3644F9C7001E.jpeg

No offence to anyone here or their advice.

This is what I have learned in my 62 years of penance on this level of Helll. I call these, creatively enough.....

The Three Do's of any Purchase
Do you want it?
Do you have the money?
Do you have the space?

If you can answer at least the first (two?) question(s) with a Helll Yeah! or even a fairly solid maybe -- BUY IT!
You will be amazed how much space opens up once you get it home.

Like you (kinda) said and (probably) already knew inside.
Never wait for opportunity to knock. Open the door and drag it, kicking and screaming over the threshold.

Last edited:
Hopefully whoever did buy it doesn't show up on eBay in a week with it parted out. With useable front wheels in the $400-$500 range, springer forks at around $400, rear wheels at $200, shifters at $350-$500 (that is a 1 year shifter, one of 3 available that year) frames at about $500 and the other bits the bike would probably bring in upwards of the $2000 range parted without doing much or any cleaning.
A guy can rarely find those bikes at that price that complete and original.
That seat was odd, maybe a black accessory seat or a Grey Ghost seat. If not rotted out on the metal parts it could be worth $100 or more to recover or even for wall art.🤢🤮

Last edited:
No offence to anyone here or their advice.

This is what I have learned in my 62 years of penance on this level of Helll. I call these, creatively enough.....

The Three Do's of any Purchase
Do you want it?
Do you have the money?
Do you have the space?

If you can answer at least the first (two?) question(s) with a Helll Yeah! or even a fairly solid maybe -- BUY IT!
You will be amazed how much space opens up once you get it home.

Like you (kinda) said and (probably) already knew inside.
Never wait for opportunity to knock. Open the door and drag it, kicking and screaming over the threshold.
Great advice!

Back