When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

schwinn phantom bicycle

-

tomsjack

I live for the CABE
schwinn phantom bicycle On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325281341991?

s-l500.jpg

1949? 🤣
nice description

This eBay listing must have taken the seller 3 minutes or less to post the listing. Thats's after he spent 1 minute uploading two pictures and typing a few words leaving out the Caps just to save an hour or two on the keyboard. The last 2.5 minutes was spent trying to decide on the starting bid amount. I've seen scammers do a better job!

The early runs had that particular tank decal and the early badge. I’ve owned two original 1949 Phantoms with the same situation. Both mine were Excelsior badged Phantoms. That badge and early decal based on my experience means 49 production Phantom. October 1949 possibly?

I think all the collectors know by now Schwinns release date for the Phantom was 1950. We all get it but as a collector if you give me an option of the 1950 and on Phantom over an early 1949 stamped frame Phantom with that tank decal and head badge the early version is the better investment along with the fact that’s it’s more rare and unique. It also is a transition bike for Schwinn as you see those details change in a very short amount of time. Just saying if you really want a Phantom and want to spend the extra money on a post war bike do it right and snag a 49 stamped original with those sweet details. Just one guys opinion.

Back