When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Phantom rebuild

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That's SICK, man!

Don't let the purest bring you down. There's a time to keep it real and a time to let the creativity flow. Very nice job. You take the Most Creative Composition award for this month.

Definitely an original idea. Love the look. Can you give it that wood grain look in black, red or green?

bike

x2 Ozark flyer and cash burn,alittle different theme,I bought an original 71 buick gs from the elderly original owners about 20 or so years ago,AJ

My tires came in the mail today just need the 15 minutes to throw them on.....

000bc580dd9a26f26b2af3d2d64406b8_zps5960-1.jpg

Very cool indeed. While I certainly can appreciate a full-on restoration I also enjoy seeing creative remakes of old bikes.

I like the boiled linseed oil coating on it....how many coats did you apply?

Linseed oil...... I added it to the oil glaze that I used to paint the grain on. It was black pigment, oil based glaze, a touch of linseed oil for more open time, and a little thinner.

Linseed oil takes a long time to dry, I used lacquer to paint everything then a water based polyurethane clearcoat.

Really nice woodie

Linseed oil...... I added it to the oil glaze that I used to paint the grain on. It was black pigment, oil based glaze, a touch of linseed oil for more open time, and a little thinner.

Linseed oil takes a long time to dry, I used lacquer to paint everything then a water based polyurethane clearcoat.

Well thought out, great patina, seat is perfect, can't wait to see those tires mounted.

Getting last details put together, Wheels and tires put on, tightened up some nuts and bolts and ready to try to maiden voyage........

null_zps9b7c3ca5-1.jpg

Got to the end of the driveway and the chain that I saved from the rust gods snapped, guess I should have left it alone and buried it in the back yard since it was dead. Now in the market for a new chain.

null_zpsd6378015-1.jpg

Getting last details put together, Wheels and tires put on, tightened up some nuts and bolts and ready to try to maiden voyage........

null_zps9b7c3ca5-1.jpg

Got to the end of the driveway and the chain that I saved from the rust gods snapped, guess I should have left it alone and buried it in the back yard since it was dead. Now in the market for a new chain.

null_zpsd6378015-1.jpg

Damn - I know how that feels - it happened to me before - after spending plenty of time to get everything complete and the chain snaps. What's more is it can be fairly dangerous depending where and when it snaps.

If you ever want to sell that incredibly beautiful twinbar in the background then I am your guy! I love those bikes more than anything. Seems like you did a remarkable job of that bike too.

Back