When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Pixie restoration questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jmslo

On Training Wheels
Hey all,

I found a Schwinn Pixie and figured I'd fix it up a little. The paint is rough but it seems to be all there. I am gonna reupholster the seat (it's bare metal now, greased the bearings, polished the chrome, and gave it a good bath. My question is in regards to the paint- I don't think I'm gonna re-paint it so do I leave it the way it is or should I clear coat it to keep it from deteriorating anymore? Anything else I should think about? TIA
IMG_6458.JPG

IMG_6459.JPG

IMG_6460.JPG

IMG_6461.JPG

They're such a cool little bike. I'd give it a good wash with Dawn,I used the softest kitchen scrunge,a pink one, then a good coat of Turtle Wax. You might be surprised how some elbow grease will bring these back to life. I'd leave the original paint alone,maybe some touch up where the training wheels rubbed the chainstays? I wouldnt bother. I refurbished one like yours for my grandchildren.......https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/ready-for-the-next-generation.123166/

Last edited:
looks like you did a great job on chrome! be careful with guard, even with just wax and to much pressure you will loose the Pixie screen. try to work around lettering. Dig the Cali. Lic. gotta leave that on.!

Back