When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Pre War and Post War Cycle Truck Decal project.

-

Gus

Gus Salmon Decals
Inspired by a forum member’s request, I am in a quest to re-produce factory identical Pre and Post War Cycle Truck decals.

These will be made in water slide material, not vinyl. There is a big difference, water transfers look original, are thin and most importantly period correct for both eras. (No vinyl decals were produced then for those bikes) Also, water slide decals are far more luxurious than vinyl.

If you wish to help by contributing with high resolution pictures of your Cycle Truck’ Down Tube or Chain guard decals or if you have an original decal that is damaged by the weather or just too old and won’t survive the installation, it could be scanned so I can re-create it as if it was new. Please send me a note via private message.

So far in this project I have reproduced both Schwinn quality Seat tube decals which were also used on Schwinn Paramount, Superior and a few others of that same vintage.

On the Post War decals, I have ready made artwork and they look great, however I am still making corrections so both original and reproductions can not be told apart.

Will keep you posted.

Best,

Gus

Last edited:
I have noticed they have a reproduction out there but in my opinion it can use a little help. My 3 versions are coming along and will be available soon.

Hello Gus,
I would like to contribute to the CT decal project if my decals are worthy? Here is what I have from a '42 CT, if it looks worthy I am happy to take more photos to get you what is needed.
IM

Latest Update:

I was able to find 2 factory original decals to complete my Cycle Truck iterations.

Thank you to those that responded and helped with pictures.

1: 1939-mid 50's Gold with Red outline DT decal.
2: 1939-mid 50's Black with Gold outline DT decal.
3: Mid 50's-60's Chain guard decal.
4: From Factory original 60’s Chainguard decal and Fork decals.

cycletruckrc4s.png

Last edited:
Back