When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Predator Freestyle 1987

-

thebikeman

Look Ma, No Hands!
Got this listed in for sale section. Anyone know anything about them? I see they changed a bit every year. I think this one is 1987
250_1987_schwinn_freeform_predator_freestyle_bike_restored_forest_lake_23723371.jpg
predatorbike2.jpg

Attachments

• predatorbike.jpg
    predatorbike.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 576
They are popular entry-level collector bikes. Schwinn built bicycles with heavy 1950's manufacturing methods during a time when lightweight and performance was key. The Schwinn's could take more abuse than other bikes but the frame and fork alone weighed more than any other complete BMX bike, except for a Roadmaster. This manufacturing technique, combined with the fact that Schwinn grew fat from the success for the Stingray and Krate nearly two decades earlier, spelled the company's demise. The Predator (and upscale Freeform EX) and the Scrambler were Schwinn's only "true" BMX bikes. They used the old Stingray cantilever frames as long as they could.

A mint Freeform like this runs around $150, at least the last time I checked.

Back