When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Predator (opinions wanted)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

37fleetwood

Riding a '37 Fleetwood
ok, I'm going to build a bike for my cousin's son (he's 35) and he kind of wanted a bmx rather than a balloon tire bike. since I'm not into bmx really, I'm looking for help. this gem is one of my options, the other is a mid 90s Redline freestyle bike that's seen better days.
so, what do I have and is it worth bothering with.

P3294217_zps7u0awort.jpg

P3294215_zpsdgposqzk.jpg

P3294211_zpspjcdrbn9.jpg

P3294214_zpsd4tf5hm7.jpg

P3294212_zpsho7b2ea7.jpg

Looks like an '83 Predator with what they refer to as having the Atari decals. They can be made to look very cool when restored. Its up to you if its worth messing with. It does have a different fork, crank and bars that were replaced at one time.

No reason to call me out as "pointing out the obvious". Just thought I'd mention it, not sure it's obvious to everyone?
20" king sting, yes that is custom for sure, kind of anomaly really.
Anyhoo, the person who is receiving the bike is 35 years old, that's why I asked if SLM was suggesting a 26" BMX cruiser. I don't think he meant throw king sting stickers on it, SLM said king sting/powerlite frame or bike.

I wondered this myself when this post first came up. Wouldn't something larger be a more suitable rider for someone who is 35 years old?

Last edited:
No offense to your buddy's predator/Sting but the King Sting was only offered as a 26". The Sting was the 20" model. I wondered if SLM's reply was referring to a 26" bike?
No reason to call me out as "pointing out the obvious". Just thought I'd mention it, not sure it's obvious to everyone?
20" king sting, yes that is custom for sure, kind of anomaly really.
Anyhoo, the person who is receiving the bike is 35 years old, that's why I asked if SLM was suggesting a 26" BMX cruiser. I don't think he meant throw king sting stickers on it, SLM said king sting/powerlite frame or bike.

I wondered this myself when this post first came up. Wouldn't something larger be a more suitable rider for someone who is 35 years old?

Correct a BMX Cruiser would make a better ride for a 35 year old . Yep That 20" sting needs "Sting decal " not a King Sting decal (26") Cruiser.
Even a 24" Predator would be ok for a 35 year old.

And a 20" Predator with bi oval tubing is a very different bike than a 20" Sting with tri oval double butted head tubes. My spouse designed the King Sting at Schwinn .

Back