When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Project...not a bike

-

marching_out

Finally riding a big boys bike
So this has been on my list of things to do since I purchased two in-store Schwinn advertising pieces last fall. I got both pieces at a local auction for $25. There were several Schwinn pieces most of which were way out of my price range, including a neon Schwinn sign that went for around a grand. I thought I did pretty well just walking out of there with these...lots of money in the room. Whoever had these before me bundled the letters in the original store slogans. I did some interweb research and verified the slogans as they were bundled. I picked the colors based on some of the old Schwinn sign colors I ran across. I haven't started the second sign yet but will post picts when I get it finished. Curios if these slogans are rare or not. Let me know what you think

IMG_0955.JPG

IMG_0998.JPG

IMG_1001.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

IMG_0997.JPG

Excellent job! :cool: I believe Schwinn started using that slogan in the mid 60's when they were trying to reach adult buyers for their new lightweights.

I have been looking for the white lettered sign. Ride a schwinn ..its fun.. for a long time..great find.

Back