When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Project...not a bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-

marching_out

Finally riding a big boys bike
So this has been on my list of things to do since I purchased two in-store Schwinn advertising pieces last fall. I got both pieces at a local auction for $25. There were several Schwinn pieces most of which were way out of my price range, including a neon Schwinn sign that went for around a grand. I thought I did pretty well just walking out of there with these...lots of money in the room. Whoever had these before me bundled the letters in the original store slogans. I did some interweb research and verified the slogans as they were bundled. I picked the colors based on some of the old Schwinn sign colors I ran across. I haven't started the second sign yet but will post picts when I get it finished. Curios if these slogans are rare or not. Let me know what you think

IMG_0955.JPG

IMG_0998.JPG

IMG_1001.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

IMG_0997.JPG

Excellent job! :cool: I believe Schwinn started using that slogan in the mid 60's when they were trying to reach adult buyers for their new lightweights.

I have been looking for the white lettered sign. Ride a schwinn ..its fun.. for a long time..great find.

Back