When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Racer Single Speed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ebasnett

Look Ma, No Hands!
Bought this on Facebook marketplace. Going to pick it up in the morning. (Sorry for the terrible seller photos). It’s a 1970-something Schwinn Racer in single speed and coaster brake. I don’t run across many single speed lightweights, so I snapped this one up. (Also doesn’t hurt that Campus Green is my favorite Schwinn color).

7DF1BCE5-9BDA-44F2-A5CB-38357F0E7DCD.jpeg

22D64F07-1F87-4332-AD73-A6618729AA79.jpeg

C4AE67F7-A1B0-4E84-A7BE-06D646BEAE25.jpeg

It looks pretty well complete. It could use a cleaning and probably re-grease everything. It looks like the chain got into something corrosive and then sat because it's pretty rusty compared to everything else. You'll probably want a new chain. But it doesn't look like too difficult of a project. It should ride nicely, especially if you live in a flat area.

Wow! Went to pick it up. It’s a ‘71. Seller was the original owner who bought it in 1972, rode it about 6 months and then stuck it in storage.

The chrome is beautiful. Has a couple of dents in the top of the rear fender from getting bumped around in storage. Original tires and tubes. The tires have almost no wear, but unfortunately they’re crumbly. It even still has the always-broken reflector on the back fender and it’s perfect.

I’ve definitely done worse for $75!

Wow! Went to pick it up. It’s a ‘71. Seller was the original owner who bought it in 1972, rode it about 6 months and then stuck it in storage.

The chrome is beautiful. Has a couple of dents in the top of the rear fender from getting bumped around in storage. Original tires and tubes. The tires have almost no wear, but unfortunately they’re crumbly. It even still has the always-broken reflector on the back fender and it’s perfect.

I’ve definitely done worse for $75!
'71 was the last year of the Racer in '72 they became Speedsters even still had the S5 rims, I have a Campus '72 Green Speedster SS in the 24" frame, yours looks like a 22" from the pics. Love the single speed Lightweights, I also have a '74 SS Speedster that came with the S6 rims.

Last edited:
I believe that is a '71. It's the only year that Schwinn used that font on the chainguard for the Racer. It's a beauty!

Back