When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn rear drum brake hub

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Shipping
$15
Zipcode
I tried personal messaging yesterday to let BFGforme know I accepted his offer. I have not heard back. Are you out? Notagamerguy, are you in at $250?
Mr. prburns, my understanding of DOND is that you needed to publicly accept @BFGforme bid within the 24 hour window, or less, by posting "Deal" on the thread! This is for the transparency required per the rules. When some says "done" it just means they are not going any higher and their last bid is supposedly the last they will be submitting.
The fact you did not post DEAL to @BFGforme's bid (or anyone else's) technically gives him (and the other bidders) an out.
Personally I think the 24 hour window is too much time but that has been debated and decided by the powers that be. It is grueling as a bidder to have the high number an have to sit on your hands for an entire day to see if the seller is going to let you have the item. It feels like in these situations the seller is just waiting for another fish to bite. Also as a buyer, you starting creating closure in your head.
Sellers should sometimes realize when two bidders are going at it late at night, it may serve you to end the bid and accept a DEAL that evening. Usually by the morning, after the liquid courage is worn off and reality sinks in one or both bidders may realize their folly...this could be one such example? Again waiting is not always the best. That being said you did not follow proper protocol so both of these guys seem to have an out.
A things to factor in with the "wild, wild West of DOND!"

Last edited:
Thanks for your input. I don't recall seeing anywhere in the rules that acceptance must be public. Perhaps I overlooked that. In any event, I pm'd him because it was unclear to me what his intent was. I pm'd him well within the 24 hour window to let him know that I was accepting his $251 bid. The 24 hour window elapsed while I awaited a response from him as to whether he was still in. It would have been nice to have had a prompt response. Live and learn.

Mr. prburns, my understanding of DOND is that you needed to publicly accept @BFGforme bid within the 24 hour window, or less, by posting "Deal" on the thread! This is for the transparency required per the rules. When some says "done" it just means they are not going any higher and their last bid is supposedly the last they will be submitting.
The fact you did not post DEAL to @BFGforme's bid (or anyone else's) technically gives him (and the other bidders) an out.
Personally I think the 24 hour window is too much time but that has been debated and decided by the powers that be. It is grueling as a bidder to have the high number an have to sit on your hands for an entire day to see if the seller is going to let you have the item. It feels like in these situations the seller is just waiting for another fish to bite. Also as a buyer, you starting creating closure in your head.
Sellers should sometimes realize when two bidders are going at it late at night, it may serve you to end the bid and accept a DEAL that evening. Usually by the morning, after the liquid courage is worn off and reality sinks in one or both bidders may realize their folly...this could be one such example? Again waiting is not always the best. That being said you did not follow proper protocol so both of these guys seem to have an out.
A things to factor in with the "wild, wild West of DOND!"
BTW, the way this played out argues against the 3 hour rule. His offer was posted 12:05 am (not sure if this is Pacific or Central time). I was sleeping at the time and remained asleep past what would have been the 3 hour window. In my opinion, 3 hours is way too short.

Thanks for your input. I don't recall seeing anywhere in the rules that acceptance must be public. Perhaps I overlooked that. In any event, I pm'd him because it was unclear to me what his intent was. I pm'd him well within the 24 hour window to let him know that I was accepting his $251 bid. The 24 hour window elapsed while I awaited a response from him as to whether he was still in. It would have been nice to have had a prompt response. Live and learn.

Interested buyers will make an offer via reply to the thread. Ex: "I'd give you $250", to which you as the seller will reply "DEAL" or "NO DEAL."
I read that as implying you should reply to the offer thread "deal" or "no deal", but maybe we could make that defined in the rules from here on out...?

I read that as implying you should reply to the offer thread "deal" or "no deal", but maybe we could make that defined in the rules from here on out...?
Don't get me wrong, I agree with that interpretation. I'm new to this and sought some clarity as to the bidder's status prior to posting. Again, live and learn.

Just got back from a ride - quite brisk. Just 25 degrees out. I've decided to withdraw this thread. Please don't take this as me skulking off in a snit or as some weird attempt at a snub. I truly appreciate your candor (and, by the way, the incredible depth of knowledge available on CABE) Its just that this thread seems to have gotten bogged down in extraneous conversations and has lost utility as a platform for selling my hub . Perhaps another time.

BTW, the way this played out argues against the 3 hour rule. His offer was posted 12:05 am (not sure if this is Pacific or Central time). I was sleeping at the time and remained asleep past what would have been the 3 hour window. In my opinion, 3 hours is way too short.
Agreed, three hours is too short. As I stated, as a frequent bidder, 24 hours can be tortuous when waiting for a seller to make up their mind.

Given that @BFGforme was notified privately within the set time it is really up to moderators to determine what action should be taken and a clarification of the rules seems in order. There is an advertising DOND site on Facebook that I was a member for a few weeks. I did not fully understand the rules when I posted my first item for sale and made an honest mistake. Within less than an hour I was kickoff and permanently banned from that group. To hold bidders accountable the mods need to take swift action if it is determined rules were broken to protect sellers from deadbeats.

Thank you for your follow up comments and I am very sorry your deal did not work out.

Last edited:
I suppose the mods will do what the mods must do. I, however, have no desire to force the bidder to buy something from that he does not want to buy, nor do I have any desire to see him sanctioned for this unfortunate contretemps.

don't know what to do with the info coasterbrakejunkie1969 just sent me
Sorry Buddy, I tagged the 2 bidders to alert them they needed to act. If you add someone to a post using the @ it will send an alert to them directing them to the thread it was posted. Kinda like a heads up. You can use it anytime you see something that might interest anyone. I usually use it when I see an item posted for sale that I know another member is looking. Sorry for the confusion.

Back