When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Rear Fender/Brake bracket

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SLM

Finally riding a big boys bike
I am looking for this bracket for a project bike . I believe it is a fender bracket or a fender/brake bracket to attach between the rear stays. PM if you have one or two !! I need this brake to put a rear Dia Compe brake on my older Schwinn cantilever !

brkt.jpg

bkt2.jpg

yea I got several of those.If I can find them I will send you a pic
Hey RatDaddy,
Would that bracket work to mount side pull brakes on a '78 Spitfire? After I sourced a Atom brake rear wheel from a Cruiser 5 my wife (the bikes new owner) prefers the twist grip shift and internally geared Shimano hub... yay

If so, I can use one from your collection please

Pretty sure those brackets are for adding caliper brakes to a FRONT fork. Not sure how you would make it work on a rear.
Thanks for the response, Gordon but I tend to disagree. It looks like it would slip under the rear fender mount (the arched one on 70's Spitfires, see picture) . I don't see how you would mount it to forks since it wouldn't fit the Ashtabula forks.

KIMG0121.JPG

I have a few of those adapters and they are for front forks. You need a Weinmann adapter for the rear if you plan to use a caliper on the rear.

You might be correct but according to this description, the adapter fits middleweight forged forks and I have seen them used on Stingrays.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/schwinn-bicycle-caliper-brake-adapter-149078111
Thanks to both of you for the information. When the original thread was about rear brakes I got hopeful. RatDaddy stated that the bracket goes between the rear stays I got happy. I guess I'm searching for a Weinmann adapter now. Any chance either of you have a spare one of those laying around that you're willing to sell?

I do not have the Weinmann rear brake adapter. I would think it would be fairly easy to make something that would work if you can't find one.

Back