When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Red Phantom?

-
Looks like a 1950. Could be all original but with all the reproduction parts floating around...who knows?

I owned a totally original 50 Black Phantom in similar condition that I bought at an estate auction right out of the attic. Had it about 5 years. Took it to Ann Arbor show a couple times and always had some "expert" there tell me it was built with reproduction parts because it was in such great shape.

IMO Schwinn screwed up with the anniversary bikes and destroyed the true market value of real Originals.

If I were bidding... 1200 tops.

Last edited:
I agree with John about it being a '50 but think it is legit and untouched from what I see. An exceptional bike if that's the case. With a 20% commission plus tax and if you have to ship. I'd probably do a little better-$1300 which would probably put me at $1800 by the time I got it to the house. V/r Shawn

Yeah. I was basing the $1200 on fees/shipping so an extra C note isn't out of the question. BTW I think the bike is legit. Saddle....ruby red light lense...and standard stimsonite reflector are "tells".
Good luck.

Fenders have rivet bolts, kickstand plug is painted indicating a repaint. Tail light housing painted. Nice piece over all.

Back