When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn roadster project

-

BFGforme

riding my 42 defense model Bf Goodrich
Here’s the start of my next project….schwinn roadster! Have Bfg stencils coming for it and now trying to decide what to do with the paint! Do I have it patina painted or shiny new? Thinking I have color nailed down….

Not sure about fenders yet, if I’m using them or not…probably be a rat rod for now… feel free to chime in! Much more to come…

Spent about 4 1/2 hours today sanding and just about ready for the red oxide primer, few small imperfections to fill and smooth first! Have a correct locking fork coming for it now, thanks to Jeremiah @volksboy57 ! Couple pics of progress….

Serial number if someone knows what year it might be??

Hmm, it looks like some very faint serial numbers underneath. I would think this should start with a letter. I think these frames were only 36 and 37. Schwinn people will know better than me.

Good eye, @volksboy57 !
I was puzzled by that number, because it indicates pre 1935.
But they didn’t make this type in 1933/34.
That faint H stamp number down below could be the actual number.
Definitely some grinding going on to obliterate the original number.
I’d say cherry red would be a good color choice since it looks like it may have been a hot bike.

Last edited:
Got a few more things for the build, finally got the Bfg stencils for it! Also found couple nice prewar badges for it, would like to find a oval Bfg badge for it! Also received a bunch rivet bolts for fender braces and drop stand! More to come….

Back