When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Saddle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

marching_out

Finally riding a big boys bike
Can anyone give me any info on this Schwinn seat? I believe it was only on a few Schwinn models for just a few years. I've seen very few of them. Any info would be great.

P1040180.JPG

Capture.PNG

That looks like a '79 or '80 Le Tour in Frosty Silver. If that is true the saddle and handlebars/brake levers are not original to the bike. I'm not aware of that saddle being used on any Schwinn bikes. The small 4-digit number stamped in the headbadge (if original) will identify the day the bike was built.

1980_06.jpg

1980_07.jpg

1981_05.jpg

SB206162 (rear,left,axle hanger), 0632 (head badge). I looked it up some time ago and thought, based on the numbers to was a 1982. Correct me if I'm wrong on that. If it is an '82, the catalog indicates there was a tourist version of the Le Tour but not in silver. The bars alway looked strange to me because they appear to be aluminum or a surface treated steel. I sold the seat some time ago and, if original, would like to replace it. I love the look of the bike and plan on getting it ridable some time in the future...too many other projects right now.

Thanks for you help on this and if you've got anything to add, that would be great.

Back