When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn scripted brake levers.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Scripted that way so you, the rider could see it. Hell, why is the AS on the seat collar on the non flashy side of the bike? Only thing I can think of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because when you adjust the seat when you are standing on the left side of the bike. It's more natural that way than doing it from the right side, because you also mount the bike from the left.

Reactions: mrg
The only reason I guessed that time period, is the model changes usually happen mid year, so that the new stuff is ready to market for the Christmas season.
So, If 48 was going to have full scripted parts, then I'll bet they were starting to show up on the bikes produced in late 47.
I had an original as found serial numbered and crank dated 1939 Super Deluxe AutoCycle, that had the full new edition 1940 components on it.
I'll bet that bike hit the show room floor in time for Christmas 1939 with all the bells and whistles that 1940 had to offer.

wonder why they added the name?

This was during times where if Schwinn made it, they had their name on it. Hubs, brake calipers, caged bearings, axles, races, stems etc.

1541883262796.png

Back