When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Seat Query

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

wordman5

Look Ma, No Hands!
Recently acquired a circa 1947 Schwinn DX and the seat that was on it needs some attention as it's obviously missing a critical linkage up front under the nose of the saddle. Could someone: A. Identify the saddle manufacturer, and B. hopefully post or send me a photo of what that missing piece should look like? Is it something that could be made? Or, does someone have a similar saddle chassis they'd part with? Many thanks in advance for any insight, much appreciated.
IMG_1370.JPG
IMG_1371.JPG
IMG_1372.JPG
IMG_1373.JPG
IMG_1375.JPG
IMG_1376.JPG

Looks like it has been modified? Normally there is a
Front post to attach that front spring too.. does that front
Spring detach? Looks like it is fixed under that plate..

The saddle looks like a Lobdell. I’ve got one on one of my Schwinns as well. From my minor understanding they are correct for early postwar Dx’s

STRADALITE, Just Jeff and KevinBrick, many thanks for the information, I really appreciate it! That helps out tremendously. The seat on eBay would work very well for my purposes, but the seller says he doesn't ship to Canada -- and that's where I'm located. Anyone here have the spring assembly, or a rough chassis, they'd be willing to part with AND send to Canada?

I can send it to you.. Were you planning on having it recovered? Buy it and have it sent to one the guys on the cabe that recovers seats and then have them send it to you

Back