When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Serial Number Reference

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Well, it looks like nobody else is going to bring it up, so I will. That's a Troxel single coil spring saddle you've got there, isn't it?
Note!

1710718367554.png

My Schwinn built BF Goodrich bike has a serial number # B22947 on the bottom bracket. My bike has the straight out rear drop outs.

By trusting your serial number for 1952, what you have is a Korean War bike and because of that, all bets are off. Schwinn was under direct authority of the Office of Price Stabilization (OPS) and the National Production Authority (NPA) [worthy research topics] and would stay under their restrictions until August of 1953. Even though the Crank, Part Number H-501 was last seen in the 1941 Parts and Accessories Catalog, it was seen on bikes as late as 1948. Were there leftovers? I don't know, I wasn't there. What I do know, though, is that Frank W. Schwinn didn't throw anything away, ever. Like Lumbermen who get everything out of a tree but the squirrel, he was a VERY frugal man.

I think one of the risks we run when we find ourselves so deep in the weeds is that we tend to allow our imaginations a great deal of latitude. I think it is better to stay within the boundaries of documented research. "What-ifs" are good fun, but they are inclined to thwart an earnest search for the truth. Now, I apologize for the sermon. Sorry!
<My crank on my BF Goodrich bike is stamped H-502

Ladies bike
Excellent! That was the correct answer. On page 23 of the 1940/41 Schwinn Parts and Accessories catalog you will see "photos" (their term) of Crank, Number 214 and Crank Number 215. On the following page you will see the part listing. Photo #214 is actually Part Number 501, Crank - Mens. Photo #215 is actually Part Number 502 (your crank) listed as Crank - Ladies and New world - Chrome plated, in carton.......$1.50. Though not to scale, the ladies crank arms measure approximately 1/2" shorter. (Please see below)

1710897451434.jpeg

1710897512375.jpeg

Last edited:
Back