When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Serial Number Reference

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yes and no. The first year that I see any recordings for the Tandem is 1949...... 01/19 ------------------ T001000 ----- T001217 -(TDM)
The Tandem's SN always started with the T00 during the years the T&C was available and the number was stamped on the rear bottom bracket. I believe after the T&C was discontinued the numbers went to the standard SN recordings and were then stamped on the left rear dropout, and this was sometime in the early 60's. The last entry for the Tandems that I can see was 07/24/1950 ------------------ T002663 ----- T003035 -(TDM)
I have a Town and Country tandem SN T005288, not listed on the SN list, like you posted Too3035 TDM is the last one on the list. Any guess on when the frame I have was built? I'm guessing '51 or '52.

0723211454.jpg

I have a Town and Country tandem SN T005288, not listed on the SN list, like you posted Too3035 TDM is the last one on the list. Any guess on when the frame I have was built? I'm guessing '51 or '52.

View attachment 1453721

My guess is that was one of the last ones built in 1963. Is that a Wald chain ring I'm looking at?

My guess is that was one of the last ones built in 1963. Is that a Wald chain ring I'm looking at?
Thanks for the info, definitely think it's a '63, has the chrome fenders. I haven't checked the make of the drum brakes. Please excuse my ignorance, but I don't know what a chain ring is. Here's a pic of the back sprocket and the other side, but the chain guard is mostly in the way.

0731211051.jpg

0731211051a.jpg

that's a lot of pages. is there a list somewhere of the accepted truth? one prewar list ended before this number came up ..

View attachment 1476053

View attachment 1476054

There's a list near the bottom of page two that many say is flawed. The I serials are correct and during the time these I serials were used Schwinn began Electro-forging the BB shells. So some have the weld slag and some don't. The numbers were machine stamped and most likely in sequential order but they were not used to build a frame in numerical sequence. Yours is a fairly low number and it's EF where some with higher numbers are not.

Back