When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Serial Number Reference

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I'm

I wouldn't take this list as the gospel. My B10E has a serial of 15778 and the '40 BFG I just bought has a serial of E95177 and the original Morrow dated hub puts it at 4th Qtr 1940. The bike may have been sold as a '41 model though? V/r Shawn
Agree. ... I believe 41 started with G

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

HELP HELP I AM NOT WORRIED BUT MY PHANTOM SEEMS TO HAVE DUELING SERIAL NUMBERS FOR DIFFERENT YEARS...IT IS .......B32035......WHICH WAS USED 2 OF 52......AND 1/18 OF 57....WHICH IS CORRECT?.....BY THE BY IT IS A BEAUTIFUL EXAMPLE WHICH EVER YEAR.....P.S. IT IS KEPT IN MY OFFICE LIBRARY FOR ME TO PONDER......I HAVE RIDDEN IT A FEW TIMES WONDERING ABOUT ITS BIRTH IN CHICAGO....SIGNED HENRY OF HENDERSON

Help Help I am not worried but my Phantom seems to have dueling serial numbers for different years...It is ......B3205.....which was used 2 of 52.....and 1/18 of 57....Which is correct?....By the by it is a beautiful example which ever year....P.S. It is kept in my office library for me to ponder......I have ridden it a few times wondering about its birth in Chicago...Signed Henry of Henderson

Same quote with caps lock OFF! Much easier on the eyes and to read.

...Schwinn Duplicating Serial Numbers...
Seems your Phantom's serial number was used for three different years, not just two.
2-12 to 2-19-1952
10-1-1953
1-18-1957

Many don't even notice this mishap and usually stop looking for a log date of their serial number once they come across it in the earliest year. Once you find out your number has been repeated then it's a matter of identifying special little changes Schwinn made from year to year on the particular bike. Since yours was recorded in 53 and 52, you'll have some work figuring it out if it's not a 57. Opal paint came about in 54 so if it's an Opal main color and you have the 1955 and later springer bolt location, chances are it's a 57 model. I'm not aware of any Phantom changes between the 52 and 53 models so there is were the guessing begins.

K 7452. Bike is a Continental and appears to be completely original. Has an SA hub stamped 9 / 47.

I'm having a tough time verifying what year it is. Thanks!

20160327_201802_1.jpg

Okay, only four numbers preceeded by a letter. I'm really not sure if Schwinn used a different SN coding with their pre and early post war CroMo lightweights like they did with some of the later models like the Superior, SS's and SST's. I for the month, (since the omission I & O came about later on), and 7 for 1947 with the 452nd frame built.

Note: This scheme is for all Chicago built non-Paramount models excluding 1962-1963 Superiors, 1964-1969 Super Sports and 1968 S/S Tourers (whose Serial Numbers are located on the left rear axle hanger and consist of a single letter code for the month [again, skip "I" and "O"], the last digit of the year and a 3-digit sequential build number -- e.g. 'K6018' is the 18th frame built in October of 1966).

Back