When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Serial Number Reference

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I'm

I wouldn't take this list as the gospel. My B10E has a serial of 15778 and the '40 BFG I just bought has a serial of E95177 and the original Morrow dated hub puts it at 4th Qtr 1940. The bike may have been sold as a '41 model though? V/r Shawn
V/r Shawn, trying to identify this B1 what year do you consider yours. Can not pull the crank, not a dog leg looks like a new Schwinn crank.

20221108_152035.jpg

20221108_152721.jpg

V/r Shawn, trying to identify this B1 what year do you consider yours. Can not pull the crank, not a dog leg looks like a new Schwinn crank.

View attachment 1728533

View attachment 1728535

Strange, the last two digits were double struck, and it has a leading #1 verses the letter. I'm going to presume this is tween piece, somewhere between 1934 and 1935. It doesn't have the 6 digits and it doesn't have a preceding letter. Schwinn may have started out their new serials in 1935 with just 5 digits and soon after dropped that number 1 and replaced it with a letter and 4 numbers. Hopefully someone can verify or dispute this theory.

Yes I heard 1935 was all numbers. Maybe just in the beginning of 1935.
1935 starts with a letter.

Strange, the last two digits were double struck, and it has a leading #1 verses the letter. I'm going to presume this is tween piece, somewhere between 1934 and 1935. It doesn't have the 6 digits and it doesn't have a preceding letter. Schwinn may have started out their new serials in 1935 with just 5 digits and soon after dropped that number 1 and replaced it with a letter and 4 numbers. Hopefully someone can verify or dispute this theory.
Here is the rear Morrow hub dated D1 1934.
20221110_065550.jpg

Please help with my Schwinn Serial Number Question?
In January of 1966 were there Schwinn frames stamped ABxxxxx?
According to the 1966 Schwinn Serial Number Reference List there is no indication of them.
The first serial numbers for 1966 with new letter system started February 1,1966 with BB00001
Please explain?

Back