When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Serial Number Reference

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This worked well for me to date a '56 Schwinn... Someone or had posted this link on page 2 of this thread...

I would be very skeptical of drawing too many conclusions based on the information shown in that resource. It's just a "cut and paste" site using various Schwinn produced consumer and dealer publications chopped up and reposted. You loose track of the history date as soon as the documents are taken apart. I believe any true historian would question the documentation that has been taken apart and reposted as "second hand" information.

The original hard copies of the factory, distributor, dealer, consumer catalogs, actual company letters, news letters, Schwinn Dealer Reporters, Schwinn Newsflash copies, are historical documents and undisputed.

John

I would be very skeptical of drawing too many conclusions based on the information shown in that resource. It's just a "cut and paste" site using various Schwinn produced consumer and dealer publications chopped up and reposted. You loose track of the history date as soon as the documents are taken apart. I believe any true historian would question the documentation that has been taken apart and reposted as "second hand" information.

The original hard copies of the factory, distributor, dealer, consumer catalogs, actual company letters, news letters, Schwinn Dealer Reporters, Schwinn Newsflash copies, are historical documents and undisputed.

John

There are people on this website that will actually dispute the accuracy of the original Schwinn documents when it does not fit what they believe to be the facts! LOL

Just out of curiosity and always wondered 🤔
What do the numbers stand for after the DOB. Perhaps color,model etc. like VIN for vehicles but a BIN for Bicycles. ☕

Meaningless numbers 🤔
They are not meaningless numbers. It’s a serial number and specific to that particular bike. It’s just a simple serial number. And it’s not a date of birth. The date associated with the serial number is the date the number was stamped on the component. The stampings on the head badge of the 1976 and later Schwinns is the build date.

I always wanted to know more about them numbers. Thanks
There are so many misconceptions about the serial numbers it's like a Grimms' book.
Schwinn made all the components that the serial numbers were stamped on and the serial numbers were machine stamped after that part was made. It was then thrown in the parts stock bucket and supplied when the frame builders needed more stock at their station. The actual time of when it was used in building a frame is unknown.

Back