When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Serial Number Reference

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here is the serial number on my bicycle built for two has no letter in front of it. What do you make of that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up a Schwinn ACE and the serial number is B76994. What year is it? what did it look like originally? The bike has had the cranks and chainguard and seat replaced. The bike has a springer with a 7 inch long steer tube.

Hoping you guys on here could help me out. I just picked this up while on a road trip through Idaho. The serial number comes back as a 1952 but some of the details don't match The catalog of that time(Dropouts, headlight, fenders, original paint color & tank) To me it looks more like a 1940 Ladies De Luxe with a tank added. According to the sheet above it looks like the serial number could be '40. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hoping you guys on here could help me out. I just picked this up while on a road trip through Idaho. The serial number comes back as a 1952 but some of the details don't match The catalog of that time(Dropouts, headlight, fenders, original paint color & tank) To me it looks more like a 1940 Ladies De Luxe with a tank added. According to the sheet above it looks like the serial number could be '40. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

View attachment 322704

View attachment 322705

View attachment 322706

View attachment 322707

View attachment 322708

View attachment 322709

View attachment 322710
It's a 1940...the original color is cobalt blue. The tank is original to that bike

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I picked up another late 40's Continental.. Identical to the blue '47 I posted about above, but this one is maroon and much rougher. Serial number is D19290. Rear hub isn't dated.

I'm guessing '46? Thanks.

Schwinn serial numbers 1928 to 1942

View attachment 280428
THIS IS A RETYPE OF INFORMATION ON SERIAL NUMBERS PUBLISHED BY THREE SCHWINN COLLECTORS THAT WAS COPYRIGHTED IN 2001! WHEN, I OBTAINED THE COPYRIGHTED INFORMATION, IT WAS WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT IF IT WAS PUBLISHED ON A WEB PAGE IN ANY FORMAT, IT IS ILLEGAL!

NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW WHEN THE SERIAL NUMBERS WERE ACTUALLY STAMPED ON
THE FRAMES. THE SERIAL NUMBER COULD HAVE BEEN STAMPED ON ONE DAY AND THEN THE FRAME MAY NOT HAVE BEEN USED UNTIL THE FOLLOWING YEAR.

MANY PARTS WERE LIKE WISE USED IN THE FOLLOWING YEAR TO USE THEM UP. SOME OF THE OLDER PARTS WERE USED IN SCHWINN MADE RANGERS IN THE YEAR FOLLOWING SCHWINN PRODUCTION. SIMILARLY BIKES WITH THE CHICAGO CYCLE BADGES OR B F GOODRICH MAY HAVE FOLLOWED SUIT.

SINCE NO ONE I KNOW THAT COULD ANSWER THE QUESTION DEFINITIVELY MAY BE STILL LIVING, IT IS OPEN TO SPECULATION. SO CARRY ON WITH THOSE THOUGHTS IN MIND.

WES PINCHOT

Last edited:
Back