When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Serial Number Reference

-
Thank you for this easy to use list. Just picked this up yesterday and now have a date of birth for her. 09/1957

IMG_0498.jpg
IMG_0499.jpg
IMG_0497.jpg

Oops! I didn’t realize there was a pre-war serial # thread, I checked for a sticky thread before posting. Maybe a mod can move my post or I’ll copy and paste it on that thread.

I'd just copy and paste over there leaving it here also. T serial on aasmitty's bike is why I posted the link here.

Is this new world schwinn 1942? Is that prewar? what is considered prewar?
serial i74208

View attachment 657464

View attachment 657465
Looks early post war to me and that would be WWII

I'm a little late, just came across this one. Would've been nice if I could have seen more of the bike. It's a 1942 New World. No kickstand or detachable seat post clamp. These prewar models had drop outs and EF bottom bracket shells. It's hard to tell in that one picture but it does look like the seat tube is also EF to the bottom bracket shell and a fully EF head tube including the down and top tubes.

Here's a high I number for you @Miq ! Post 111 in this thread.

Back