When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Serial Number Reference

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
If I type in and no record does that mean its to new?

No, it means that site were you went is still flawed and incomplete. JU is September 1983. The list that's in post #1 only goes up thru 1982 which was T. 1983 was *U.

Whoa! Even with all the grew data I’m without an answer. So I bought a Whizzer needing a friend. It’s going to be great. What is it... I81099. I want to know all I can about her before I start rebuild. It is headstock badged as a Lincoln.

Ron

Whoa! Even with all the grew data I’m without an answer. So I bought a Whizzer needing a friend. It’s going to be great. What is it... I81099. I want to know all I can about her before I start rebuild. It is headstock badged as a Lincoln.

Ron

Post war frame with rear drop outs? If so, 1946

I went through all 11 pages here and seen this question asked a few times but never really answered. I bought my dad a fatbar with a serial that starts with a "F" but only has five numbers and not six. The bike is badged as a Cavalier (Kaufmanns, Pittsburgh). I'm thinking late '47/early '48. What say yee experts? V/r Shawn

If someone wants to add information for serial number prior to 1948, please post that here.

Please don't reply with discussion beyond that.. I want to keep this thread strictly related to serial number i.d..

Thanks,
DS
Dave,
Schwinn New World, ser#C3700, rear facing frame tips, pinned crank, straight fork. No clue as to vintage.

Screenshot_20200113-121115_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200113-093334_Gallery.jpg

Not very accurate site. My 1983 Cruiser comes up as a 1958.

If you take into account what it states underneath the box where you enter the serial number. And it should say "This tool sometimes works".

Notes: This tool works for Schwinn bikes from 1948 to 1982. All serial number records before 1948 were lost in a factory fire.

This is also very incorrect, actually it's completely false. Dumb informing the dumber. The dates associated to the serial numbers is the date the number was stamped on the bike's component prior to it being used to build a frame.

The serial number on a Schwinn frame will tell you the date that frame was manufactured.

Jamie stamping the serial numbers on the head tubes and drilling the holes for the badges.

1583697274467.png

If you take into account what it states underneath the box where you enter the serial number. And it should say "This tool sometimes works".

Notes: This tool works for Schwinn bikes from 1948 to 1982. All serial number records before 1948 were lost in a factory fire.

This is also very incorrect, actually it's completely false. Dumb informing the dumber. The dates associated to the serial numbers is the date the number was stamped on the bike's component prior to it being used to build a frame.

The serial number on a Schwinn frame will tell you the date that frame was manufactured.

Jamie stamping the serial numbers on the head tubes and drilling the holes for the badges.

View attachment 1152668

View attachment 1152666
Yes, this is true. 1948-1982. Before I learned how to read the serial number I had just input the sr# not realizing there is a difference if it is stamped on the head tube or the rear drop out. Mine is stamped on the head tube, if it was stamped at the rear drop out it would be a 1958.

Back