When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Serial Number Reference

-
Your probably right Pete. And they probably used and recorded the serial number instead of stamping a new set of numbers.

Hi,
I picked up a Schwinn Whizzer last week and the seller said it was a 1942,number under the frame A99194. Engine # H 127338.

20170616_155005.jpg

20170616_155141.jpg

The bike is a '52. Post in the motorized section and you will get more answers regarding the Whizzer. V/r Shawn

I bought this frame, fork and headset with serial # X87607. I don't see any X's on the serial number lists.

abCopy of IMG_5026.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: REC
image.jpeg
Could anyone help with decoding my serial number? Please thx. On the left of the schwinn plate it reads DU510512 and on the bottom of the cranks it has another serial #006 (sideways) 2 G . I've been looking and don't see any DU, and when I look it up its saying 1958. Thanks

View attachment 648259 Could anyone help with decoding my serial number? Please thx. On the left of the schwinn plate it reads DU510512 and on the bottom of the cranks it has another serial #006 (sideways) 2 G . I've been looking and don't see any DU, and when I look it up its saying 1958. Thanks

The most important number is the 4-digit stamp on the headbadge (assuming it is original), which indicates the day the bike was built (please post close-up pics). The frame serial number indicates a head tube stamped in April 1983. Since that happened before the frames or bikes were built that could indicate a bike built right before the Chicago plants closed or one that was built by Murray for Schwinn in Lawrenceburg TN. Besides the head badge stamp, post pics of the bottom bracket housing, which will indicate whether this is a Chicago or Lawrenceburg bike.

Can anyone date the X00000 bottom bracket stamped post war Serial Numbers?

Thanks in advance.

Back