When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Serial Number Reference

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
What do y'all make of this. Serial number on bb. Rear facing dropouts. But the serial is R593282. No original paint bare single bar frame.

20171129_165059_Film1.jpg

100_1478.JPG

Is there a serial list for pre 1935 Schwinn bikes. I have what I think is a b9. Serial is 252071. No letters just number. Would like to know the year it was born. Thanks Big Moe

Is there a serial list for pre 1935 Schwinn bikes. I have what I think is a b9. Serial is 252071. No letters just number. Would like to know the year it was born. Thanks Big Moe

Page #1 post #17. Although some say the list is flawed.

Darla is stamped C44583

My Red Hornet.png

Sounds about right, the '57s were cantilevered to my knowledge.

Only one thing doesn't quite match on that site...

1952-hornet.jpg

I have the cloverleaf chainring, is that skiptooth? And the chainguard is the winged one. According to this, I've got the right fenders and rack coming (DX 9 hole), I only need a tank and Rocket Ray.

I know where the Rocket Ray is but I can't get a hold of the seller here. The tank would cost me as much as the whole bike.

Oddly enough the Rocket Ray is shown on the 1952 and 1957 models but a torpedo is featured on the 1953-56.

https://bikehistory.org/bikes/hornet/

Last edited:
I'm not so sure that my bike was built for 1953, but I really want the Rocket Ray on it. I have ducktail fenders coming and it will look very nice. Fat is where it's at.

Trying to get the exact year ? Anyone know ?
1st off, without a letter you can't get an exact date. You've got an welded kick stand and two numbers look right but the last three don't. Based on kick stand and numbers on Bottom bracket you're gonna be 47-52 and with that you should have s-2 rims too, not drop center ., I could be wrong but it also looks like somebody ground off your serial numbers and added in the last 3 regardless, you aint got a letter. The white paint under the color on bottom bracket means it's also been repainted, it would be redlead primer, not white. . Maybe the letter is under the paint?

Last edited:
1st off, without a letter you can't get an exact date. You've got an welded kick stand and two numbers look right but the last three don't. Based on kick stand and numbers on Bottom bracket you're gonna be 47-52 and with that you should have s-2 rims too, not drop center ., I could be wrong but it also looks like somebody ground off your serial numbers and added in the last 3 regardless, you aint got a letter. The white paint under the color on bottom bracket means it's also been repainted, it would be redlead primer, not white. . Maybe the letter is under the paint?
Thank you for the info, yes the lett is B but the last two numbers looks like it only was partly stamped this is what it looks like B852oo (and uneven jagared) right on the radius of the crank it could have been drowned in Panit ? I will sand it down and see what I find. Yes it looks repainted so I am going to get it Restored if it’s worth it please look at this photo and thank you for your information

37B30C03-D2A2-4A61-B62D-59DE230C92B8.jpeg

Back