When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Short Coupled Tandem Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dweber

Finally riding a big boys bike
Can anyone help identify this Schwinn Tandem? It has been altered to acomadate the rider but is still neat. Badge says Schwinn Tandem not Paramount? Did Schwinn build other short coupled tandems besides the Paramount? Any help appreciated.

Schwinn Tandem Yelo.png

Schwinn Tandem Yelo3.jpg

schwinn tandrm.jpg

Are you referring to the curved seat tube for the stoker? Looks like a typical town and country tandem to me.

The original T&C tandems were built in the Paramount part of the factory so when Schwinn started to build Parramount tandems they used existing jigs set ups to build the bike. I have owned both bikes and there is no real difference in them except changes to use later components on the Paramounts. Roger

I believe the serial number on my Town & Country tandem is on the bottom bracket. Where would it be on a 1975 - 79 short coupled Paramount?

My tandems serial was on the right side of the head tube. It was a regular serial number like Schwin Varsity used not a Paramount serial number type serial number. Roger

Back