When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Sierra frame NOS in the box

-

williebill

Look Ma, No Hands!
Digging through the catacombs here at the shop, trying to turn stuff into cash. This is a Schwinn Sierra frame still in the box that I bought from Schwinn in the 80s. The UPS label shows it was shipped to my shop on April 22nd, 1987. I haven't take it out of the box, but it's been high on a rack for 36 years, and never exposed to any water, etc.
All I can tell is that it's a big frame, 23", maroon, and built in Taiwan. Don't want to take it out of the box, the next owner can do that. It's been sitting in the same spot for 36 years.
So is there any interest in this? Anyone want to make me an offer? We were a Schwinn dealer during the 80s, but dropped them in the 90s.
Got a few more Schwinn surprises I'll dig out as time allows. My plan was to get all this listed before we hit the busy season. Not sure I'll make that, but will list/show stuff as I have a chance. Thanks, Bill

schwinnsierraframe1.jpg

schwinnsierraframeshipdate.jpg

schwinnsierraframeaddresslabel.jpg

Digging through the catacombs here at the shop, trying to turn stuff into cash. This is a Schwinn Sierra frame still in the box that I bought from Schwinn in the 80s. The UPS label shows it was shipped to my shop on April 22nd, 1987. I haven't take it out of the box, but it's been high on a rack for 36 years, and never exposed to any water, etc.
All I can tell is that it's a big frame, 23", maroon, and built in Taiwan. Don't want to take it out of the box, the next owner can do that. It's been sitting in the same spot for 36 years.
So is there any interest in this? Anyone want to make me an offer? We were a Schwinn dealer during the 80s, but dropped them in the 90s.
Got a few more Schwinn surprises I'll dig out as time allows. My plan was to get all this listed before we hit the busy season. Not sure I'll make that, but will list/show stuff as I have a chance. Thanks, Bill

View attachment 1796467

View attachment 1796469

View attachment 1796470

I would be interested in it, but I am not going to buy it sight unseen!

IMO, you would be better off opening the box to confirm the condition of the frame for any perspective buyers!

Thanks for the info, Doc. I don't always remember colors and years even on the bikes I sold new. They kind of mix together in my corroded memory banks. Guess Schwinn was selling warranty frames to their dealers a few years after they were current, and we bought a few.
No problem! It should look something like this. The '84 Sierras had a nice sloping crown fork

20221106_145230.jpg

Back