When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Sierra frame NOS in the box

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I kinda want it just for that ! How much ?

Good luck with getting a price from him! Right now he is just on a fishing expedition! I found a similar NOS frame on Ebay for $75, sent him the link, made an offer as he requested via PM, and he blew me off...................

That's pretty funny. Just because I'm new on the CABE doesn't mean I fall for this kind of crap. The link Lobsterboy sent was for a later Chinese, similar to a low end Walmart frame, and he graciously offered $50 since " Ebay sellers typically price 15% higher to cover fees". I didn't "blow him off", I just told him I had been an Ebay buyer and seller for other vintage stuff for years, and his link meant nothing. That frame he compared to mine only has one similarity to mine....... Schwinn is spelled the same way.
I'm having a great time reading the CABE, and the last thing I want to do is get into a pissing match with someone who's butthurt because I didn't fall for his BS.
If my frame is worth as little as he claims, he sure has sent a boatload of PMs wanting to buy it. All I've said is I'll listen to offers while I try to determine value of my stuff. Doesn't mean I'll sell my stuff for nothing.
Now back to regularly scheduled programming.
Sorry, Xlob.

This is a Schwinn Sierra frame still in the box that I bought from Schwinn in the 80s. The UPS label shows it was shipped to my shop on April 22nd, 1987.
Here pic of my red 1987 Sierra. Frame is steel material.

20201028_173615.jpg

J-wagon, I always liked those bikes. One of the members said that maroon was used a couple of years before 1987, so I guess I bought this from Schwinn when they sold warranty frames when they were a few years old, and I received it in '87. Your bike looks awesome, thanks for posting.Always liked that era, except the frames that had chainstay brakes. That wasn't a problem in the shop with our Park repair stands, but working on those brakes sucked out on the road/woods. Glad yours has the proper seat stay brakes!!

That's pretty funny. Just because I'm new on the CABE doesn't mean I fall for this kind of crap. The link Lobsterboy sent was for a later Chinese, similar to a low end Walmart frame, and he graciously offered $50 since " Ebay sellers typically price 15% higher to cover fees". I didn't "blow him off", I just told him I had been an Ebay buyer and seller for other vintage stuff for years, and his link meant nothing. That frame he compared to mine only has one similarity to mine....... Schwinn is spelled the same way.
I'm having a great time reading the CABE, and the last thing I want to do is get into a pissing match with someone who's butthurt because I didn't fall for his BS.
If my frame is worth as little as he claims, he sure has sent a boatload of PMs wanting to buy it. All I've said is I'll listen to offers while I try to determine value of my stuff. Doesn't mean I'll sell my stuff for nothing.
Now back to regularly scheduled programming.
Sorry, Xlob.
I think if you post a schroedingers box in the wrong thread with no price and no real information other than " here's a box" you get the responses due that " kind of crap."
No see, no sale grasshopper
Try the proper sale thread with actual pics of an item for sale would be my suggestion.

Last edited:
. Glad yours has the proper seat stay brakes!!

The chainstay U-brakes not only accumulated a lot of muck, you also had to keep a close watch on brake pad wear, else the pads would ride up on to the tire sidewall. The Sierra had U-brakes starting in 1988, and the High Sierra had rollercams front and rear.

Last edited:
Back