When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Sierra frame NOS in the box

-
I'd point out to anyone thinking about buying this box that this is how scam artists operate. Whether this new guy is or not isn't really the issue. That he chooses to operate this way is. It perpetuates and legitimizes the bad guys tactics.
Personally, I see no viable reason to not open the box and take pics.
Air knows no bounds. moisture and sulfur dioxide in the air is inside and outside a box. Especially in the rafters of a building where it builds up.
Can't complain about scam artist if we legitimize their tactics

I'd point out to anyone thinking about buying this box that this is how scam artists operate. Whether this new guy is or not isn't really the issue. That he chooses to operate this way is. It perpetuates and legitimizes the bad guys tactics.
Personally, I see no viable reason to not open the box and take pics.
Air knows no bounds. moisture and sulfur dioxide in the air is inside and outside a box. Especially in the rafters of a building where it builds up.
Can't complain about scam artist if we legitimize their tactics

You are 100% correct........!

The guy claims to have been in the bike business for over 40 years, but doesn't know the value of the items he is selling?

Every thing I've posted that was an open box was shown with several pics, plus smaller items. In certain parts of vintage, the unopened box would have serious value. Some collectors would prefer that. That others would not is not the point. If I was a scammer, I doubt I would have shown all the other stuff, would I? As to not knowing the current value, and "claiming to be in the bike business", all I'm going to say is the day to day operation of a 50 year old shop doesn't impart that knowledge, and that's one reason I joined the CABE.
I'm not posting my business card, or shop website, but I'm not hard to find.
And I'm not defending a damn thing to Xlob.
Go be a dick on someone else's posts. The only scammer I've seen on here was Xlob trying to trick me into selling low based on a false comparison.
Enough. Now I've got work to do as Spring is upon us, and my "PRETEND BIKE SHOP" is busy as hell.

Guilty until proven innocent!

His bike shop info is on the box. Look it up and give him a call if you are interested and have doubts!

Boy, the CABE sure is a welcoming place!
No apologies here.
There is an ethos and etiquette to online sales.
Period.
No one, including people selling things I may want is an exception.
A good place to start would be in the parts for sale thread with listed prices as this site requires.
Mystery boxes have the DOND thread

No apologies here.
There is an ethos and etiquette to online sales.
Period.
No one, including people selling things I may want is an exception.
A good place to start would be in the parts for sale thread with listed prices as this site requires.
Mystery boxes have the DOND thread
I have yet to see where he has posted any of these items for sale.

How long before this thread is locked?

movies-popcorn.gif

Every thing I've posted that was an open box was shown with several pics, plus smaller items. In certain parts of vintage, the unopened box would have serious value. Some collectors would prefer that. That others would not is not the point. If I was a scammer, I doubt I would have shown all the other stuff, would I? As to not knowing the current value, and "claiming to be in the bike business", all I'm going to say is the day to day operation of a 50 year old shop doesn't impart that knowledge, and that's one reason I joined the CABE.
I'm not posting my business card, or shop website, but I'm not hard to find.
And I'm not defending a damn thing to Xlob.
Go be a dick on someone else's posts. The only scammer I've seen on here was Xlob trying to trick me into selling low based on a false comparison.
Enough. Now I've got work to do as Spring is upon us, and my "PRETEND BIKE SHOP" is busy as hell.

At your request via PM I made an offer, please explain how that is/was trying to "TRICK" you into selling something to me? The offer I made was based on a current listing I found on Ebay for a similar NOS item! How does that earn me the title of being a "DICK"?????

I have yet to see where he has posted any of these items for sale.

I guess you missed this thread...............

I guess you missed this thread...............

Yep must have missed that. So that fishing post/thread should be either deleted or edited.

Last edited:
Back