When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Skipper with Brake Bridge???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It is definitely repainted....and not worth the gamble of attempting to legitimize. I wouldn't put more than $75 out for the frame and guard, IF it is something you want to build on just for the novelty. I don't imagine any return on it as an investment.

With no serial number it makes it almost impossible to say what that was or is. I looked at the front chain guard mounting tab on the BB shell and that L type showed up on my 1962 built Corvettes with the November 61 serial numbers. My 61 built Corvettes had just a flat piece and they were brazed on. The L version tab was electro-welded. I'm even more confused after seeing that.

With no serial number it makes it almost impossible to say what that was or is. I looked at the front chain guard mounting tab on the BB shell and that L type showed up on my 1962 built Corvettes with the November 61 serial numbers. My 61 built Corvettes had just a flat piece and they were brazed on. The L version tab was electro-welded. I'm even more confused after seeing that.
F*** i hate to bother the guy asking for serial number, but thats better than overpaying for someones custom project. So im hopping some of you guys are on the forum at around 5 tomorrow. Ill go see bike and get Serial Number then post it on here and hope someone can give me a definite awnser so i can pull the trigger and buy the bike or pass on it altogether

I really dislike Black bikes when trying to ID the details. I just started wondering what other bikes this could have been originally. My thoughts were the only thing this could be if it's a 1962 or later with the just a single top tube would be a Speedster light weight, but the downtube on those are straight. Looks like the chain stays have been reworked wider, then another good look at the seat tube joints that I noticed had been messed with also. Appears the back half of the bike was all redone at the seat post and this could actually be a modified Cantilever frame looking at the top seat post area where the top tube has been messed with. The twin bars were dropped lower than an original to probably take care of the mess from cutting off the cantilever bars. Pretty extensive modification if it was. Cool frame for a modified Cantilever though.

1671000533544.png

Last edited:
I really dislike Black bikes when trying to ID the details. I just started wondering what other bikes this could have been originally. My thoughts were the only thing this could be if it's a 1962 or later with the just a single top tube would be a Speedster light weight, but the downtube on those are straight. Looks like the chain stays have been reworked wider, then another good look at the seat tube joints that I noticed had been messed with also. Appears the back half of the bike was all redone at the seat post and this could actually be a modified Cantilever frame looking at the top seat post area where the top tube has been messed with. The twin bars were dropped lower than an original to probably take care of the mess from cutting off the cantilever bars. Pretty extensive modification if it was. Cool frame for a modified Cantilever though.

View attachment 1750923
Your right it is a neat frame, but if its custom idk if i like it for $275 bucks. Seller said he would take 275 and i agreed to see it and go from there. I was really hopping this was a factory mistake of a special 1 of 1 three speed skipper

Your right it is a neat frame, but if its custom idk if i like it for $275 bucks. Seller said he would take 275 and i agreed to see it and go from there. I was really hopping this was a factory mistake of a special 1 of 1 three speed skipper
The bike has parts that are worth that price. If you're looking for cool frame to build up a custom that suits your taste, that would be a good one. I personally don't care for the looks as it sits now and the paint on it is trash. Again, the serial # would have been the biggest clue as to what it might have been.

Back