When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Skipper with Brake Bridge???

-
He faked the bike using a Flying star.
I dont think seller faked it since he isnt pushing the "i got a rare 3 speed straightbar angle" plus he isnt pretending to know anything about this bike really. He demeanor is like "i got an old schwinn" & "i want 450". But hey that isnt to say its for sure real!!!! Someone could have customized frame before it even reached current owners hands. I hope to find out later today.

I have a few Schwinn middleweights but none with the duck bill fenders. Balloon springer fork w/ fender on a middleweight frame?

I have a straight bar frame with the “detachable” kickstand. But it’s an early Hornet.

Quick question guys? Has anyone come accross any schwinn frames or schwinn parts that are not suppose to exist? I ask since i would imagine schwinn workers might of had friends or family wanting certain features that werent available as normal production parts. I would totally think that maybe some of these workers on their breaks or lunch time might of made certain custom parts using schwinns equipment. Im not saying thats what this is!!!! Im just asking since i know if it was me working at schwinn back then id be making custom parts every chance i got.

This bike did not come from the Schwinn factory it was fabricated afterwards. This is not a one off frame or a factory mistake.
I wasnt saying thats what this frame is, i even made it a point to add that when i asked my question. I was just curious if any parts or frames that arent suppose to have been made show up made correctly from the factory on someones lunch time or something

I wasnt saying thats what this frame is, i even made it a point to add that when i asked my question. I was just curious if any parts or frames that arent suppose to have been made show up made correctly from the factory on someones lunch time or something
Sorry, I understand what you were meaning. I do not think employees could work on their own projects. Schwinn was very strict on how their bikes were made and what went on each one. I think the odd ball bikes occured when they were out of a specific part and used another not normally used on that particular set up.

Back