When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Speedster RestoMod

-
60 Speedster hot Rod.

16ACCFE2-D382-4C44-8233-ACCCC912D4BA.jpeg

That's a good looking transformation. 👍 The original was undoubtedly a 1969 or pre May 1970 serial Collegiate. The serial on the left rear drop out will give you an idea on what year it was built.

The last year for the Middleweight Speedster was 1961.
Thanks. I was looking at the pictures in the brochures and in some years they pictured two different styles of the Speedster. One is definitely a lightweight diamond frame, the other looks like a middleweight. My bad for not reading between the lines. Thanks for setting the record straight.

As stated earlier, your bike started out life as a 1969 Collegiate. Just confirming what prior responders said.

As stated earlier, your bike started out life as a 1969 Collegiate. Just confirming what prior responders said.
Ah you guys are totally right! I was looking through catalogues and the closest thing I found was the speedster so I assumed it was one. The friction shifter that came with the bike never matched the ones on the speedsters though so that always perplexed me. Now I'm torn if I should put a collegiate vinyl instead! Or maybe since its a born-again its my own "speedster"... ? 🤔

Ah you guys are totally right! I was looking through catalogues and the closest thing I found was the speedster so I assumed it was one. The friction shifter that came with the bike never matched the ones on the speedsters though so that always perplexed me. Now I'm torn if I should put a collegiate vinyl instead! Or maybe since its a born-again its my own "speedster"... ? 🤔
That speedster decal is pretty cool. I like the style of it. I 'd leave it.

Back