When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Speedster with 24'' wheels, 3 speed

-

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Opinion time. I'm going this morning to look at a late 60's Speedster 3-speed in black. All original with an attached (rusty) headlight on the handlebars along with a speedometer (can't see the make, but it isn't Schwinn). Paint overall looks nice...usual light rust on the fender braces and rims. Bike is described as hardly used and put away years ago.
What would be a fair price from my description? I know it's hard to say without a photo.
It looks like a nice bike to detail and hang onto for a while or possibly flip.

Went to see the bike. It was a Camel Back...in bad shape. Waste of time and gas.

LOL! I just found another one...in blue. Appears to be mid to late 60's. If the 3-speed works, any idea as to value?
Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 1.49.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 1.50.09 PM.png

I just picked up the Speedster. A little worse for wear than I thought from the pictures I had seen, but the 3-speed Sturmey Archer shifter works perfectly. The hub is nice and greasy, so it will shine brightly once the bike is all cleaned. A bit more rust and dings, but it will be fine once I go over it all.
IMG_1897.JPG
IMG_1898.JPG
IMG_1900.JPG
IMG_1902.JPG
IMG_1905.jpg

1966 Schwinn Speedster.png
Well, I cleaned the bike up. The paint is what it is, but boy, that old Schwinn chrome is unreal as to how great it cleans up! The hub I knew would look new...and it's dated 7 66. I found a photo of it in the 1966 Schwinn Disneyland Catalog which is pretty cool. The serial number on the frame is B39114. Seems like only the tires were changed and possibly the hand grips.
IMG_1912 3.56.27 PM.JPG
IMG_1914.JPG
IMG_1915.JPG
IMG_1916.JPG
IMG_1919.JPG
IMG_1922.JPG

Overall I'm pretty happy with it...even though I'm looking to sell it off to someone who will appreciate it and use it.

Back