When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Springer Fork Legs and Crown, Original or Repop????

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Arjnmrskr213

Finally riding a big boys bike
Suspended
I ended up with a pair of 26” schwinn springer fork legs and crown. The ones that the legs and crown were originally painted. I was comparing to a set I have that i know for sure is original. I see alot of similarities but also with differences. Can anyone help me positively Id?

At first glance they look Original to me, both legs are marked either L or R, they both have those drain holes at the bottom, both seem to made in the traditional quality of the late 50s-60s. Crown also looks correct. Things that send up red flags are the drain holes on the legs are not as long vertically as the drain holes on my confirmed original springer fork. The curve on the fork blades are very similar to my og forks but not dead on. Steering tube on my og fork has the pre 1966 larger diameter crown for larger stem and other crown is smaller diameter. What do you guys think? To my knowledge all the repop had the flattened fork ends instead of the rounded ends and the repops had that ogly welded crown

56675646-91F9-466B-BD9E-08DAED5B1BB3.jpeg

8E21C382-2C31-48AC-AA1B-19B323B5070E.jpeg

C13B8CBC-216F-460F-AD80-F879693E373F.jpeg

5003F8FC-C52C-4489-905B-1499134CA182.jpeg

Yeah, the newest those crowns could be as a single molded unit , would have to be is in 70's discounted. late 70's or by 1980 were 3 piece, welded. Repops in 90's 3 piece no weld bead, Electro fusion, er somtin.

And IDK which years, late 50-60's maybe; The neck has RxR tracks-Kurtiling like rims have.

However, It's been since the late 60's, the breather or drain holes in the fork legs. I don't remember but, there's a difference in how or size, shape they were punched in, that only Schwinn did verses the copies.

Last edited:
Yeah, the newest those crowns could be as a single molded unit , would have to be is in 70's discounted. late 70's or by 1980 were 3 piece, welded. Repops in 90's 3 piece no weld bead, Electro fusion, er somtin.

And IDK which years, late 50-60's maybe; The neck has RxR tracks-Kurtiling like rims have.

However, It's been since the late 60's, the breather or drain holes in the fork legs. I don't remember but, there's a difference in how or size, shape they were punched in, that only Schwinn did verses the copies.
The drain holes are the same just except the ones on this fork are not as long as on my known original springer. But same quality as far as thickness of fork legs and crown and i checked neck and no knurling

Back