When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

schwinn springer install help needed !

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

nick tures

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
can anyone tell me how this goes? just cant seem to figure it out, am i missing any pieces ?

IMG_4576.JPG

IMG_4577.JPG

IMG_4579.JPG

IMG_4580.JPG

IMG_4581.JPG

IMG_4582.JPG

Reactions: JLF
Headtube on a pre-war Schwinn is shorter than a postwar, or you have a girl's prewar springer. Either way, it's not going to work. Can't cut it down to fit. The truss and fork arms are longer too.

Not sure, in your photos but, in this one ya aint got a bearing cup. Ya need one on top and bottom of head post where the cup part is toward the fork. Or in this photo, ya gotta have one with cup facing up fitted into the top of head post. Or? Ya got it up-side down?

img_4580-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure, in your photos but, in this one ya aint got a bearing cup. Ya need one on top and bottom of head post where the cup part is toward the fork. Or in this photo, ya gotta have one with cup facing up fitted into the top of head post.

View attachment 1286957

He has the deluxe head set, no top cup. Might have the bearings upside down though.

1603087450478.png

Yeah, just looked it up, Part E for bearing to sit onto, inserts into post. Part C or type in below photo serves as a cap and adjustment over the bearing

And here's a complete head post:

img_0894-large-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
POSTWAR deluxe headset has bigger parts at the bottom (F,G,H in GTs58's graphic) than a prewar deluxe headset.

You need all of postwar parts or none of them down there, and it looks like you might have a mixture.

Up at the top the parts should mix, but as others have mentioned that springer is altogether too tall.

Back