When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn sting

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Eisele1

Look Ma, No Hands!
20190416_011348.jpg

1991 schwinn sting, its not
anywhere as cool as the sting's that came before it but still a pretty cool bike. I haven't decided what I'm gonna do with it yet but I thought some of you might think it's cool

I went with a friend of mine to the Schwinn Dealership in the mid to late 70's. I can't remember the exact year. Never the less, he bought a brand new Schwinn Sting. They had just come on the market.

If I remember correctly, it was, if not the best and most expensive BMX bicycle around, it was one of them. He was the third person in Spokane Washington to buy one. I could swear he paid over $500.00 for it. This was somewhere around 40 years ago. I was amazed at the price! He was into racing and ranked pretty high in the state.

He was the first person I saw make a Ice riding bike. He drilled holes in the tires and put little machine screws through them with nuts. He had sharpened them to a point also. It worked great, it was hard to wipe out on the ice after that.

I went with a friend of mine to the Schwinn Dealership in the mid to late 70's. I can't remember the exact year. Never the less, he bought a brand new Schwinn Sting. They had just come on the market.

If I remember correctly, it was, if not the best and most expensive BMX bicycle around, it was one of them. He was the third person in Spokane Washington to buy one. I could swear he paid over $500.00 for it. This was somewhere around 40 years ago. I was amazed at the price! He was into racing and ranked pretty high in the state.

He was the first person I saw make a Ice riding bike. He drilled holes in the tires and put little machine screws through them with nuts. He had sharpened them to a point also. It worked great, it was hard to wipe out on the ice after that.
Awesome! Those are some great memories, thanks for sharing!

Back