When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Stingray Tires: 1962 Stingray Knobby, nos Krate Slik TIRE

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Payment Terms
Paypal, credit, cash
Zipcode

Bike Recyclery

Look Ma, No Hands!
Just listed a handful of mostly NOS Stingray wheels and tires! Click each link below for more pics, details, or to purchaase.

1962/1963 Schwinn Stingray Knobby Tire: 20" x 2.125 Tire: S2 - Goodyear - Made in USA - Blackwall (NEAR MINT) $500​

NOS Schwinn Krate Stingray Slik 20" x 2.125 Tire: S2 - Made in USA - Blackwall - (MINT) ___$400​

NOS 1972 Schwinn Stingray Whitewall Knobby Tire: 20" x 2.125 Tire: S2 - Carlisle - Made in USA (SOLD) $250​

Schwinn Stingray 5 Speed S-5 Wheelset: Fastback Tires (One NOS Slik) - Freewheel (SOLD) $250​

~ Zella
Bike Recyclery

nib_nos_shimano_avocet_racing_saddles_turbo_wolber_tx_nos_rims_vintage_16616.jpg

nib_nos_shimano_avocet_racing_saddles_turbo_wolber_tx_nos_rims_vintage_16618.jpg

nib_nos_shimano_avocet_racing_saddles_turbo_wolber_tx_nos_rims_vintage_16621.jpg

nib_nos_shimano_avocet_racing_saddles_turbo_wolber_tx_nos_rims_vintage_16627.jpg

nib_nos_shimano_avocet_racing_saddles_turbo_wolber_tx_nos_rims_vintage_16643.jpg

nib_nos_shimano_avocet_racing_saddles_turbo_wolber_tx_nos_rims_vintage_16645.jpg

nib_nos_shimano_avocet_racing_saddles_turbo_wolber_tx_nos_rims_vintage_16646.jpg

nib_nos_shimano_avocet_racing_saddles_turbo_wolber_tx_nos_rims_vintage_16649.jpg

nib_nos_shimano_avocet_racing_saddles_turbo_wolber_tx_nos_rims_vintage_16654.jpg

vintage_tires_mtb_road_ritchey_canti_brakes_XT_Avocet_fasgrip_17331__93733.jpg

nib_nos_shimano_avocet_racing_saddles_turbo_wolber_tx_nos_rims_vintage_16636.jpg

nib_nos_shimano_avocet_racing_saddles_turbo_wolber_tx_nos_rims_vintage_16639.jpg

nib_nos_shimano_avocet_racing_saddles_turbo_wolber_tx_nos_rims_vintage_16643.jpg

nib_nos_shimano_avocet_racing_saddles_turbo_wolber_tx_nos_rims_vintage_16645.jpg

vintage_tires_mtb_road_ritchey_canti_brakes_XT_Avocet_fasgrip_17331__93733.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have any documentation on this? Do you have guesses why there are Stingray labeled tires from 1962
Do you have any documentation on this? Do you have guesses why there are Stingray labeled tires from 1962 then?
Hi Justyne
Your tire is dated 4Q63

This Stingray Knobby was first issued 4Q63 and used on Stingray bikes through the end of 64

This is one rare and desirable tire! If I hadn't spent all my play money on your whitewall and the Fastback pair moments ago, I'd buy this one too!

@60sstuff and @Lalo - this tire seems right up your alley my friends!

Pretty sure the first Knobby's didn't say Schwinn StingRay!
It's 4Q63 and that's when this tire was first produced and used on Stingrays. Prior to that from the introduction in May, there were a number of balloon style tires used from various brands. I think I probably have one of each by now on my 63 collection or in my stash

Last edited:
Hi Justyne
Your tire is dated 4Q63

This Stingray Knobby was first issued 4Q63 and used on Stingray bikes through the end of 64

This is one rare and desirable tire! If I hadn't spent all my play money on your whitewall and the Fastback pair moments ago, I'd buy this one too!

@60sstuff - this tire seems right up your alley my friend

It's rare indeed, and wow after I checked the chart again I did read that chart wrong huh. 63 it is!

Back