When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn Straight Bar Excelsior Mens 1952 Bicycle 26” Balloon Tire Skiptooth

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tomsjack

I live for the CABE
Schwinn Straight Bar Excelsior Mens 1952 Bicycle 26” Balloon Tire Skiptooth On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Schwinn-Straight-Bar-Excelsior-Mens-1952-Bicycle-26-Balloon-Tire-Skiptooth/224009490222?

s-l500.jpg

Proceed with caution with that seller. He came to my house a few weeks ago, to buy a couple bikes. We settled on a price for two bikes he wanted, but he didn't have enough cash and wanted to give me a personal check, and was very insistent that I take it. Several times I said no, cash only.
He asked where a bank was and I told him, and he left to go to the ATM.

5 minutes later, (not enough time had passed for him to get to the bank) he texts me and says, and I quote, "I couldn't find a bank you should've took my check I think I'm just gonna hold off"

I replied "wow, it's only a couple minutes down the road. But whatever."

AGAIN he says "You should've took my check"

and just before blocking his number I replied "you should've brought cash"

Smells like a scam to me. Had a gut feeling that he would've cancelled the check as soon as he left. Blocked his number on my phone and blocked him on FB too. Don't know if he's on CABE or not, but I'll block him here too if he is.

Dealt with him in the past on a couple bikes as a buyer.

No checks is always a good policy.

Still, the guy operates an antique shop and has eBay 100% rating. Not like it would be in his interest to bounce a check.

He is also selling the same boy's in another listing with a girl's. What would happen if both listings got a sale at the same time?
A bit embarrassing to explain that away! He is a dealer. 100% doesn't mean you want to buy into his deal
That rear fender hole was for a BIG reflector!

I can only add this: as an antique dealer myself, be cautious around anyone you do not know that is an “antique dealer”, the business is not like it use to be prior to the Internet.

Back