When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn straight bar rat rod pics

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnguyinohio

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I made a rat rod type bike out of a straight bar hornet frame using some some parts I have along with a women's donor bike .i would like to see what others have built using a schwinn straight bar.I had thought about putting the blue fenders with the light on it but decided to go fender less at least for now.i didn't want to alter the original paint frame as it's actually pretty nice and figure someday he can go back to a original bike .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 454
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 453
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:
Schwinn straight bar rat

This is a 56 spitfire I had last year. Not really a rat but more of a fenderless rider.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 452
I went ahead a put together with some parts I had ,sure there will be more changes but rideable

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 450
Mead rat in progress.

Crusader frame, other parts are just what I had available, cut outs for the truss rods on front fenders, custom drop stand clip on back fender, unfinished as of yet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 463
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 444
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 442
BTW, for me your bike is a rat when you want it to be, I don't think there is a prescribed idea to a rat bike, it's what you make it, from the parts you have and some elbow grease, that's the fun I think. I like your ride!

Here are two I did a while back. Still have them.
The one with the Lake pipes is an original bike. The cross braced bars are a figment of my imagination. I call it the "cross brace clockometer". The pipes are 3/4 " copper pipe .
The other one is a 1941, with a 1935 front fender,probably a '41 rear and a miller curved motor bike kickstand. The chain guard is really a 60's model modified to look old.
The tanks on both bikes are made of 2 wood 2by6's cut to actual dimensions of original tanks and fastened together to resemble real tanks.
The tanks on both bikes were distressed after painting to appear old and crusty.
The bikes are not damaged in any way and can easily be changed back stock.....:)
005.JPG
004.jpg
excellior2S.jpg
excellior1S.jpg

005.JPG

004.jpg

excellior2S.jpg

excellior1S.jpg

I was collecting parts for this Schwinn Panther build, but put it together as an around town cruiser instead. Great rider, I've logged a lot of miles on it already.
IMG_1203_zpsksxl97ox-1.jpg

Back