When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schwinn straight blade unicrown forks, who made them?, 1980-82?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The pics of the forks are mine. The cruiser and the sidewinder belong to another member. Not sure about the origin of the gray forks, but I see the dropouts have windows cut in them, and they don’t have a hole for a caliper brake. They look like later stuff to me, but I don’t get into those types of bikes so I have no idea. I’m 100% a cruiser guy. Hope my pics helped. I can take more with marking if you need me to. Just let me know. Thanks
I am becoming curious at the Cruisers, and really like the pre-war models, how do they compare to a cruiser 5 or the likes from the late 70 early 80s? perhaps the most convenient id a 1980 deluxe cruiser due to parts availability. I will need to thin the herd before for the sanctity of marriage :) one of my first bikes was a cruiser, it had a purple flake paint, 24" tall white walls and downtube shifters, I loved it although I was jealous of the other kids BMX that was around 1985 and I don't have any pictures just memories

Do you have any better shots of the cut outs on the gray forks? The more I look at them it looks like the diamond cut out on a diamondback bike. I've had few pass through here, might still have a set.

Hi Rusty Klunker,
I am not sure about the rake difference, but King Stings and Sidewinders were chrome for one, King Stings tapered at the lower tip. Those are the best pictures I have of that fork, looking at the DB's fork I find they differ on the dropout, as Schwinn's does not extend below the end of the fork's blade. in the gray ones, it appears as if the blade tapesra bit but that might be an illusion. Just guessing I have never seen this fork.

Hi Rusty Klunker,
I am not sure about the rake difference, but King Stings and Sidewinders were chrome for one, King Stings tapered at the lower tip. Those are the best pictures I have of that fork, looking at the DB's fork I find they differ on the dropout, as Schwinn's does not extend below the end of the fork's blade. in the gray ones, it appears as if the blade tapesra bit but that might be an illusion. Just guessing I have never seen this fork.

These are the King Sting and Sidewinder chrome forks

KingStingVSsidewinder_fork.jpg

Reactions: hm.
Great thread!
Couple close up pics of the one on my all original 83

schwinn side 108.jpg

schwinn side 109.jpg

Last edited:
Back